• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We're going to get Killed on the Boards.

Diesel

I'm not a Dwight basher.  I think he did exactly what the Hawks brought him here to do, rebound,  and he did it well.  However, the PnR defense was really terrible when Dwight was on the floor.  If you look at some of Dedmond's stat's projected out to per 36 minutes he's a good rebounder, shot blocker, and plays PnR defense well.  Many don't want to say this, but Plumlee does those things well too for a backup.   I think our guards will need to get better on perimeter D though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let's just wait and see...

Make up your mind. The title of your thread is "We're Going to Get Killed on the Boards." Are we, or should we just wait and see?

58 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What does total number of start have to do with a player's ability to rebound??? Plus you are such a hypocrite...you have been crying about losing Hardaway as vet shooting guard and how many starts does he have under his belt?

The team finished strong last season and ended up 9th obviously off the strength of Dwight.  We'll surely be below average and I point to the backcourt more so than the front.  There are guards who grab as many rebounds as Dennis and Baze combined.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The team finished strong last season and ended up 9th obviously off the strength of Dwight.  We'll surely be below average and I point to the backcourt more so than the front.  There are guards who grab as many rebounds as Dennis and Baze combined.

Assuming Baze starts...but even if he does, bench rebounds count too. So Hardaway's minutes turn into Bembry's minutes and so forth.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, hazer said:

Make up your mind. The title of your thread is "We're Going to Get Killed on the Boards." Are we, or should we just wait and see?

No... I have a very strong belief that we will... but the Homers seem that they will fight this point to their death... so I'm patient... we'll just wait and see.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I can actually go with this... but more than the backcourt, I think the SF position has never really gotten good numbers and that mixed with a C that couldn't get us double digits put us where we were in the past.   Coming into this season, I don't know if Illyasova can duplicate what we got from Dwight or Sap and the Young guys will not know how to work hard for boards.. plus... Budball is going to treat rebounding like it doesn't matter.   So... welcome back to #28 in the league. 

• Like 1

Collins may be a work in progress on defense but he is a PLUS rebounder now. He's not a bully but he has great hands and exceptional athleticism which he uses naturally when going for boards. 

(PSA Collins hands are very underrated. Dwight had bad hands and no bend to go down low for passes. Collins is so very good in those areas people will be surprised how much more effective he is in the post than Dwight.)

Dedmon is a rugged big. He is a very active rebounder and defender. He will average double digits on the glass if he plays 30 mpg I garuntee it.

Both Prince and Bembry are active on the glass. They are long and athletic and will get after it in the glass.

I am familiar with Buds reluctance to crash the offensive glass, but I believe we will be a lot better rebounding than people think.  

We can agree to disagree until the season starts but I'm not worried about that aspect. These guys may not be stars yet, but they are basketball players period. They will make good basketball plays for us all season. 

Bembry > Baze when it comes to bball IQ.

He might have the best feel for the game of any guy on our roster. 

• Like 1

We were getting killed before Dwight came on last season. Bottom ten in the league for as longs as I can remember. Just think of it and reminiscence. This season will be like old times; only the old times were not that long ago. :biggrin:

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

We were getting killed before Dwight came on last season. Bottom ten in the league for as longs as I can remember. Just think of it and reminiscence. This season will be like old times; only the old times were not that long ago. :biggrin:

I hated those season where Alice couldn't manage but 3 rebounds.  The problem was that we all knew that we would get to the playoffs and Lebron, Mozgov, and Thompson would build a house in the paint and would snag second and third opportunities and all the good defense by Sap and DMC or whoever would go to waste. 

Now.. there is no Sap.