• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Seriously.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I don't consider myself a stalker or anything but I was reading Prince's tweets...

Some of them seem depressing.  I would almost say he wears his heart on his sleeve and I like that in a player. I like players who are passionate and all in.  I just don't think that Social Media is a good place for players with that kind of Passion. I just HOPE that the Hawks have a Social Media Monitor Person who can tell the coach to tell the players to take some time off from Social Media.   Do we have that?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Curious now...what was he tweeting about? Personal stuff or basketball?

This one in particular concerns me...

My feeling is that if you has social media haters that attack him all the time like Curtis and another guy.. I hope that he's not letting their words get under his skin. 

• Moderators

He's still a young man with a lot to learn.  Let's not critic every little thing the guy does or says on Dramasquawk.  This is basketball, not a soap opera.  It's not like he is a superstar with a brand to worry about...  His on-court performance is all I care about anyway.  Now that Sap is gone, this team desperately needs a player with his moxie to shine.

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

This one in particular concerns me...

My feeling is that if you has social media haters that attack him all the time like Curtis and another guy.. I hope that he's not letting their words get under his skin. 

Apparently he is.  Go pick up some skirts with Dennis in the gold buggy and forget about it.

• Like 1

I think he's sharp and witty and just being sarcastic, playing with his haters. If you're not familiar with his biting humor:

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Aside from Prince. 

My question still remains... Do the Hawks or any team have a social media person who watches players social media output?  I know that on occassion, Lebron has self checked himself and stopped using Social Media during the season.  Some players don't care about it too much but we're coming to a generation whoose whole self-image is intertwined with what people say about them on Social Media.  It's not healthy.  If we are concerned with how a player eats and hires them a dietitian, then the same should be true about their self-image.

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

we're coming to a generation whoose whole self-image is intertwined with what people say about them on Social Media.  It's not healthy.

Agreed, even Milk Dud Head couldn't have said it better than that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@Diesel you raise a valid question. I want to say the Hawks have some official social media employee but I have no idea who that person(s) is. Every pro team should have someone that watches players/coaches social media to get a jump on any bad posting or if a player is taking things too seriously.

I know for those of us above a certain age it might seem silly that people are that invested in their social media rep but for those under that age it does mean a great deal.

Yes the team actively monitors all of the players Twitter and other social media. They aren't going to censor players though unless they're breaking a league rule or embarrassing the team. 

The one thing with Prince is that some of his Tweets do seem to show how emotional he is and often times comes off like he's depressed. In that regard I hope that if he ever needs to talk to someone that the team is proactive about it. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Sothron said:

@Diesel you raise a valid question. I want to say the Hawks have some official social media employee but I have no idea who that person(s) is. Every pro team should have someone that watches players/coaches social media to get a jump on any bad posting or if a player is taking things too seriously.

I know for those of us above a certain age it might seem silly that people are that invested in their social media rep but for those under that age it does mean a great deal.

After pondering it for a while, I begin to think that maybe the player's agent is supposed to do that.   I mean, their agent has to be able to check them incase they get on social media and say something stupid... so why not just check their Social Media output.  However, we have a President who has no limits on his SM so who is going to stop a player?