• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I just don't buy this talk of interest in Shabazz

sturt

• Premium Member

At best, he represents the same project that THjr was upon his arrival two years ago, only older.

I see no value here. I don't see the point in this environment to be contemplating a roster slot for a player with his profile.

Someone want to convince me I'm wrong?

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

At best, he represents the same project that THjr was upon his arrival two years ago, only older.

I see no value here. I don't see the point in this environment to be contemplating a roster slot for a player with his profile.

Someone want to convince me I'm wrong?

The source is his agent and Atlanta is a good target to suggest because we're tanking, we're his home town, and we had capspace.  It's just a push to make the client more marketable to other teams who may have some lukewarm interest. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

The source is his agent and Atlanta is a good target to suggest because we're tanking, we're his home town, and we had capspace.  It's just a push to make the client more marketable to other teams who may have some lukewarm interest. 

This says it all^^^^^^^^.  Hawks not interested in him.  

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Who's hometown? His agent's? Cause Suckazz Muhammad is from Cali to my knowledge. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

depending on how cheap we get him

There's always that.... if you're into real estate flipping and that kind of thing. But we'd have to play him enough minutes and hope he can be sufficiently successful in those minutes that he'd be someone other teams would covet.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, sturt said:

There's always that.... if you're into real estate flipping and that kind of thing. But we'd have to play him enough minutes and hope he can be sufficiently successful in those minutes that he'd be someone other teams would covet.

We could also keep him as a quality wing player if he develops in our system as well. Bazz is not a bad player.

• Premium Member

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We could also keep him as a quality wing player if he develops in our system as well. Bazz is not a bad player.

Too old to have much more ceiling. Not much of a ball sharer. Not much of defender.

There are appreciably better ways to fill a roster slot, imo.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Too old to have much more ceiling. Not much of a ball sharer. Not much of defender.

There are appreciably better ways to fill a roster slot, imo.

He's a good scorer, is average on defense and has never been asked to be an initiator on offense so his assist numbers are not good. I've probably watched Bazz more than anyone on the site. He's not a bad player. For the right price/years it would be a good signing to bring him in.

I'm not crying if we pass on him but I'm not going to protest if we do sign him to a reasonable deal. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

He's a good scorer, is average on defense and has never been asked to be an initiator on offense so his assist numbers are not good. I've probably watched Bazz more than anyone on the site. He's not a bad player. For the right price/years it would be a good signing to bring him in.

I'm not crying if we pass on him but I'm not going to protest if we do sign him to a reasonable deal. 

Agree with you on this one Sothron...hasn't he had a couple of 40 point games already?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Agree with you on this one Sothron...hasn't he had a couple of 40 point games already?

I think his career high is 35. He is a definite spark plug off the bench. He can come in and score points in droves. He is a career .553 TS and last season had a career high TS with .566.