• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks sign SF Luke Babbitt

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, hazer said:

Still painful to think the Hawks could've had Pau and CP3 on the same team...

Someone is struggling with the time continuum...We most likely would have not been in the lottery the year CP3 came out had we drafted Pau.

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Someone is struggling with the time continuum...We most likely would have not been in the lottery the year CP3 came out had we drafted Pau.

Yeah.  A more likely possibility is that the Hawks could have had Pau Gasol and Tony Parker.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

No one is struggling with time in the equation, 2001 and 2005 line up. But you are correct, the draft position is another story.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hazer said:

No one is struggling with time in the equation, 2001 and 2005 line up. But you are correct, the draft position is another story.

Did you miss the part about the team being a non lottery team with Pau Gasol in 2005?

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

They actually drafted Tony Parker for the Spurs

I think they actually drafted Jamaal Tinsley for Indiana, but it was reported that had Pete kept the pick, he would have drafted Tony Parker.  By the 2001 draft, Pete had lost all faith in building through the draft.   He had 4 first round picks in 1999 and got one quality player in the bunch, and it isn't because there weren't players available.  Andrei Kirilenko stands out as a guy they could have taken.  Also, Manu Ginobili was taken with the 57th pick that year.  After bombing out on DerMarr Johnson in 2001, Pete decided to trash building through the draft.  He traded what would become the #3 pick for Shareef Abdur-Rahim and then traded what would/could have been Tony Parker, but they got the pick that turned into Boris Diaw, who was not Tony Parker but is not a bad draft pick at all.  Then, he dealt 2002's first round pick to LA for Lorenzen Wright and 2003's first round pick to Milwaukee for Glenn Robinson.  

When those pieces didn't fit, the result was a second rebuild within the rebuild.

• Like 1

According to the  AJC Hawks will have a Press conference to introduce Babbitt tomorrow.  Hopefully MC will be on hand to ask Schlenk some questions.

Edited by Blunt91

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Did you miss the part about the team being a non lottery team with Pau Gasol in 2005?

No, but you missed the part where I acknowledged that.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, hazer said:

Maybe you don't understand the phrase Time continuum.  it refers to past changes affects the future.  Its not the same as time equation

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Maybe you don't understand the phrase Time continuum.  it refers to past changes affects the future.  Its not the same as time equation

We've all seen Back to the Future :approved:

• Like 1

Btw, not sure how replacing a 20/9 Shareef over that time span with an 18/8 Gasol would've changed the Hawks record that much. The assumption that the Hawks would magically disappear from the lottery in that scenario is not a foregone conclusion. The Grizz were 146-162 with Pau from 2001-2005.

Also, "time equation" as you say is not the same as "time in the equation" as I said. Someone is struggling with reading comprehension :approved:

Don't know if this has been posted yet but is from a P-hoops article. Percentages are from the 2014-15 season until now. Looks pretty helpful for one of our very biggest weaknesses so I'm guessing he'll get more minutes than I originally thought. Was thinking ten minutes or so but now thinking consistently more than that and possibly at two positions as well. These are three point percentages.

1. Kyle Korver - 44.9%
2. J.J. Redick - 44.6%
3. Luke Babbitt - 43.8%
4. Stephen Curry - 43.6%

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/8/7/16103584/luke-babbitt-atlanta-hawks-free-agency-scouting-report

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Don't know if this has been posted yet but is from a P-hoops article. Percentages are from the 2014-15 season until now. Looks pretty helpful for one of our very biggest weaknesses so I'm guessing he'll get more minutes than I originally thought. Was thinking ten minutes or so but now thinking consistently more than that and possibly at two positions as well. These are three point percentages.

1. Kyle Korver - 44.9%
2. J.J. Redick - 44.6%
3. Luke Babbitt - 43.8%
4. Stephen Curry - 43.6%

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/8/7/16103584/luke-babbitt-atlanta-hawks-free-agency-scouting-report

Add Moose's 41.8% last year, Belli's 42.9% last year, Menace's 42.5% in the playoffs last year, Ilyasovavichkovchev's career 37% (several seasons above 40%) to Hey Babbitt's 43.8% and Bud has some long-distance fireworks to play with this year. I think we'll also see improvement from Printz on that front. 

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, hazer said:

Add Moose's 41.8% last year, Belli's 42.9% last year, Menace's 42.5% in the playoffs last year, Ilyasovavichkovchev's career 37% (several seasons above 40%) to Hey Babbitt's 43.8% and Bud has some long-distance fireworks to play with this year. I think we'll also see improvement from Printz on that front. 

Just to be clear, Dennis' 42.5% in the playoffs is not remotely sustainable for him.  Getting above 36% for a season would be a huge step in the right direction.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Just to be clear, Dennis' 42.5% in the playoffs is not remotely sustainable for him.  Getting above 36% for a season would be a huge step in the right direction.

Agreed, I was just pointing out his late season improvement and upward trending trajectory. No way Menace is a 43% 3-pt shooter, but I think he can go 38% from deep over a full season. Which would be fantastic.

• Like 1