• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who do you predict will be the player who most ***exceeds expectations*** in 2017-18? (and of course, why)

sturt

• Premium Member

Not who will be our best player, notice.

I'm asking, given what you perceive to be the expectation level going into the season for Player X, and given what you believe will be the actual outcome of his achievements for the season, who do you think will MOST exceed expectations, whether because expectations are so low or because he's just that good, or a combination of both... ?

This is one of those threads that will be especially difficult to keep on the rails, since it's going to be easy to go off and just point-counterpoint one or two individuals ad nauseum. So please, just try to keep from that as best we can. I'm deliberately saving my own thoughts for later, or at least until someone else posts something similar to my own.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazer said:

Dedmon. People are sleeping on his #1 defensive rating in the NBA.

Two good nominations so far in this thread but Dedmon was the frist name that came to my mind as well.  He has some really good numbers and a big opportunity here.  I don't feel like the bar has been set really high for him either relative to his expected role (as I think is the case for Collins and Bembry).

Let me throw out one other name.

Malcom Delaney.  He was dog #$*& last year.  No one wants him to even see the floor this year.  But his shooting was so bad last year that it is almost inevitable that it will regress in a good way this season.  I think he could dramatically exceed expectations and be a useful backup PG if he just delivers something more in line with what was projected based on his European performance.  And I don't think there was anyone who was more embarrassed last season than he was.  He should be motivated as heck to prove that the train wreck we saw last season isn't who he truly is.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Two good nominations so far in this thread but Dedmon was the frist name that came to my mind as well.  He has some really good numbers and a big opportunity here.  I don't feel like the bar has been set really high for him either relative to his expected role (as I think is the case for Collins and Bembry).

Let me throw out one other name.

Malcom Delaney.  He was dog #$*& last year.  No one wants him to even see the floor this year.  But his shooting was so bad last year that it is almost inevitable that it will regress in a good way this season.  I think he could dramatically exceed expectations and be a useful backup PG if he just delivers something more in line with what was projected based on his European performance.  And I don't think there was anyone who was more embarrassed last season than he was.  He should be motivated as heck to prove that the train wreck we saw last season isn't who he truly is.

Can you say... contract year?  I know you can. :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Rookie or not, Collins is gonna eat.  He's already polished in his floor game, when he leaps off of it the competition gonna be like "oh sh$t."

This is why I'm not predicting him as the guy who most exceeds performance.  A lot of people are looking for him to dominate the competition out of the gate.  That sets a very high floor to beat expectations.  I hope he does it but am thinking that a lot of great players went through their struggles as rookies and that Bud tends to like his youngsters to marinate a bit before he trusts them with significant minutes.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 10:49 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Goldie

Image result for dennis schroder car

Agree! Schröder is going to give Kemba a run for the money as a coaches selection. I think Prince can continue on with his playoff performance and put up around 14 and 6. I hope Bazemore can do the same at 14 and 6.

Dedmon maybe 9 and 8

Collins maybe 9 and 8 if and when Bud plays him more than 25 MPG. 

Edited by Buzzard