• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Losing Isaiah, but Gaining...?

• Admin

+ pick(s) and Crowder ...

I think Irving and Thomas are both overrated point guards ... they are both really undersized shooting guards who are excellent scorers but they don't have the ability to run an offense.  Thomas is really more suited to a six man role if you ask me.  They are also terrible defenders ... If the pick is not really high then Cavs are not maximizing his trade potential as they are getting only decent players ... as for Boston ... chemistry wise i don't know either ... big ball hog in a flow offense ... should be interesting ... Stevens is an excellent coach so maybe he can make Irving better...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Will be interesting to watch playout.  Irving is younger, has presumably some more upside to tap and has better size but both guys are primarily scorers and Thomas is much more efficient for his career and for the last two seasons.  Thomas also crushes him on PER, Win Shares and WS/48.  

Most positive thing this does for them, IMO, is align the ages of their draft picks with their All-Star PG better.  I don't think this helps them for next season and absolutely think it hurts for the short-term if Jae Crowder is included.

• Like 1

All I'm really worried about is getting that Cavs pick and to me this pushes more towards LeBron leaving. So my gut instinct is to not like this trade.

On the other hand, as a fan of the NBA, this makes the East a lot more interesting. That's going to be a fun series to watch.

• Like 1

LeBron's gone after this season. For real imo....I'd trade that pick for something as it's gonna be useless as soon as LeBron's gone.

Sorry, but while I have an affinity for small guards while they cook, both Isaiah and Kyrie are big time overrated.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Brooklyn pick makes it good for Cavs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree.  I'd rather have Crowder, Thomas and Brooklyn's #1.

Here is an interesting scenario for Cleveland.  How much might they get for LeBron if they decide he is gone?  They could end up with some serious rebuilding assets if they were that bold.  I am sure they won't but it is interesting to think about.

• Admin
34 minutes ago, AHF said:

Totally agree.  I'd rather have Crowder, Thomas and Brooklyn's #1.

Here is an interesting scenario for Cleveland.  How much might they get for LeBron if they decide he is gone?  They could end up with some serious rebuilding assets if they were that bold.  I am sure they won't but it is interesting to think about.

He has a no trade clause so they are screwed ... he is going to control his fate and leave next season and sign where he wants