Preseason Game 2: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

On 10/3/2017 at 5:40 PM, AHF said:

I think Crowder will be a very nice add for Cleveland.  They badly needed another good wing defender.

Agreed, particularly because it will give them more opportunity to rest Lebron.  Cleveland's success this season will ultimately hinge on getting Thomas back healthy with enough games under his belt to be full-go come playoff time.

Can Luke Babbitt move any slower?

I was afraid Collins was gonna experience some nagging injuries with how physical he likes to play coupled with his slight frame.  Sure hope this isn’t a sign of things to come.  If he suffered a season-ender early I’d f&@kin die.

Bud got them boys crashing the O Glass and I like it.

Kendrick Perkins is still alive apparently.  Good to hear.

Dorsey a decent slasher eh?

Edited by benhillboy

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Let Cook run point Bud jesus

Magette just made a smart little and-1 play but I feel you.  Cook has that Dragic, Lowry-like ability to turn the corner and get the foul call with his shoulder because he’s pretty solid.  We need all the FT attempts we can get to bolster the backcourt scoring.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I liked what I saw tonight.  50% shooting, 12 threes, damn near 50 rebounds, can’t knock it.  

A lot of players, young and vet, seem hungry to be developed.  The trick is to do it all within a team scheme.  Bud U, get to developing.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I liked what I saw tonight.  A lot of players, young and old, seem hungry to be developed.  Bud U, get to developing.

Muscala and Delaney funked out of Bud U but still play significant minutes...Must be because of a significant donation from their parents or something

• Like 2

Nice little interview with Dedmon.  I rock with homes.  Not crazy about him shooting threes but I don’t hate it.  His midrange stats and his stroke suggest over the course of the season he could hit one every 3 games on a lone attempt.  It clearly ain’t his style to camp out there like many Bigs who don’t like contact.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Liked that Dennis was knocking down jumpers. He has to do that this year. i think good defensive teams will play off him a little and give him the jumper because of his ability to drive

Prince still has a long way with his handles but he at his best when he is cutting and slashing, not taking guys off the dribble

Baze still plays wild as hell smdh

Dorsey with more athleticism than I realzied

Collins is so active man. Dude has a motor

I like what Cook does out there. I hope he wins the back up job

Dedmon can play. The key is to keep the fouls under control

Delaney is terrible. Get this dude out of here

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, benhillboy said:

Nice little interview with Dedmon.  I rock with homes.

I feel bad for Bob having to interview our bigs while they are both standing up lol. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Liked that Dennis was knocking down jumpers. He has to do that this year. i think good defensive teams will play off him a little and give him the jumper because of his ability to drive

Prince still has a long way with his handles but he at his best when he is cutting and slashing, not taking guys off the dribble

Baze still plays wild as hell smdh

Dorsey with more athleticism than I realzied

Collins is so active man. Dude has a motor

I like what Cook does out there. I hope he wins the back up job

Dedmon can play. The key is to keep the fouls under control

Delaney is terrible. Get this dude out of here

I feel the same way, I think Prince benefited being in a system last year where he was around our starters. If he tries to do too much he will struggle, it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts to being a guy we rely on more.

I feel for Delaney after what happenened to his brother, but we had to bring in Calderon last year to help at the point. If he can't make shots there isn't much else he can do.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Better than the Celtic shower reports.

Luckily I missed something!

Enjoyed tonight’s game .....while I wasn’t necessarily looking for the W glad we got it but the biggest and best feeling tonight was seeing buds pace and space ball moving offense take place.

very very very refreshing!

The good:

-Dennis did a great job not allowing the ball to stick to his hands. He played the playmaker role way better tonight compared to the 1st preseason  game.

-Dedmon is definitely a steal! If he can stay out of early foul trouble he’s going to be able make good impact on both sides of the floor more often than not. He’s just very solid. Glad we have him.

-Prince was a little shaky at first but he had a pretty good 2nd half. I saw some pretty good defense out of him.

-Last Cook and Dorsey have some really good looking shooting strokes when they have space . I mean it’s one of those shooting forms that look like it will go in every time they shoot as long as they have decent space....floor spacing will be ultra crucial this year.

The Bad:

There’s plenty to point out as the team is still learning but the most obvious bad/worse thing in tonight’s game was baze trying to be playmaker number 2 with the starters. Baze had a good/bad night in my opinion. It was horrible to watch starting out I mean just like last season I don’t think we can use baze as any type of playmaker what so ever if he’s going to start. Though Delaney frustrated me at times throughout the game the offense flowed much better when bud decided to put Delaney in the back court with Dennis instead of baze.

we can’t go into this season with baze being the number two ball handler with the starters. Baze may be able to be ok as a playmaker vs second units but definitely not vs starters.

i really hope to see bembry and John Jenkins a lot next game. Bembry I think bud should test him with the starters in place of bazemore asap just to see what we may have with that lineup.

• Like 1