• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawksquawk XVI Fantasy Basketball!!!

capstone21

• Moderators

I was relieved to get Anthony Davis at 10.  Thought I was going to be staring at a few good but not elite PGs and Cs wondering why the good players dried up right before my pick.  The Brow has his red flags but at least he could be a top 5 guy if things come together for him.  It was all I could ask for.

Taking Isaiah Thomas definitely changed my draft, pushing me after that to avoid all injured players.  There were some guys like Zach Lavine that I wanted but just couldn't take for fear of killing myself early.  Feel IT will get his once he comes back but it tied my hands a bit.

11 hours ago, AHF said:

I was relieved to get Anthony Davis at 10.  Thought I was going to be staring at a few good but not elite PGs and Cs wondering why the good players dried up right before my pick.  The Brow has his red flags but at least he could be a top 5 guy if things come together for him.  It was all I could ask for.

Taking Isaiah Thomas definitely changed my draft, pushing me after that to avoid all injured players.  There were some guys like Zach Lavine that I wanted but just couldn't take for fear of killing myself early.  Feel IT will get his once he comes back but it tied my hands a bit.

I Took a little risk myself by taking Batum. But It was round 11 , so it didn't effect my drafting. 
I think most people thought Batum was out for the season, but he's only out for 6-8 weeks because he doesn't need surgery on his non-shooting elbow.
 if he comes back healthy, then i my forwards  should  have enough assists to eliminate the need for a 3rd pg .

Draymond Green 7.0 apg
Batum 5.9 apg
Giannis 5.4 apg 

13 hours ago, capstone21 said:

There is no one on my roster where I am thinking man I can’t believe I got that guy

There is only one guy on my roster that fits that description , 
I got  Giannis Antetokounmpo with  6th pick. I thought he would have gone top 3 for sure. I might have taken him #1,  if i had
the first pick. 

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, pimp said:

I got  Giannis Antetokounmpo with  6th pick. I thought he would have gone top 3 for sure. I might have taken him #1,  if i had
the first pick. 

I would have taken him at 1

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Good luck as well. Simmons will probably make me or break me.

I  he's gonna fill up that stat sheet  in pts, asts,  rebs , stls , and blks.
I would only worry about his turnovers and  shooting percentages . He's been terrible from the FT line in preseason.  39%

• Moderators
2 hours ago, pimp said:

I Took a little risk myself by taking Batum. But It was round 11 , so it didn't effect my drafting. 
I think most people thought Batum was out for the season, but he's only out for 6-8 weeks because he doesn't need surgery on his non-shooting elbow.
 if he comes back healthy, then i my forwards  should  have enough assists to eliminate the need for a 3rd pg .

Draymond Green 7.0 apg
Batum 5.9 apg
Giannis 5.4 apg 

Batum was another I couldn't quite pull the trigger on even though I wanted to.  Can't have two guys missing two months.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, pimp said:

the first pick. 

Hell of a pick.  AD was a relief for me.  Giannis at 6 would have been a fist pump.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Did any of you guys take a Hawk?   

I have Dennis on my team.  i thought about taking Collins with my last pick, but someone else drafted him 2 picks ahead of me.
 I ended up with Kyle Kuzma with my last pick. Gonna see if the preseason hype is real.
   Anyway, 6 hawks were taken. All 5 starters + Collins       

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pimp said:

I have Dennis on my team.  i thought about taking Collins with my last pick, but someone else drafted him 2 picks ahead of me.
 I ended up with Kyle Kuzma with my last pick. Gonna see if the preseason hype is real.
   Anyway, 6 hawks were taken. All 5 starters + Collins       

Oops, i was wrong ...   Prince was not drafted. He's a free agent.   

I went and grabbed Tatum. He is going to get the minutes now, lets see if he can play.  Besides, I had five centers and eight power forward eligible players on my team. Hopefully this will give me better balance on those tough to fit lineup nights.

• Moderators

My roster would have been all-world circa Hawksquawk X.  Still a great team, although I hate that three of my guys are on the same team and D-Wade will be racking up those DNP's.  I do like that I have two guys that are going to average almost a triple double all season.  Go Team Darkwing!

• 5 months later...
  • Admin
8 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Figured I'd close the loop by formally congratulating @capstone21 on here, too! He's on a roll!

~lw3

Thanks ... it was a great season and everyone kept it competitive to the end ... it has been 11 years since the last time I won this thing and It came down to the very last day and a hardy performance from Victor Olidipo to put me over Spud2Nique (we miss you here) to win.  Look forward to doing it again next season.

• Like 1