• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Mavericks -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

Just now, Thomas said:

So maybe Marco will hang around past the trade deadline with some more of this stuff. Big game.

I hope so! If this team can keep up performances like this that means these young guys are just getting better and may make the playoffs where a vet like Marco will definitely be needed. 

Therefore I could care less about a high draft pick if that happened lol ...since the young guys already have would have to show to huge  improvement if they were to make the playoffs.

but hey I’m just pipe dreaming ...a lot of season left.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

John Collins already performing at Horfords level, but he got 14 and 5 off the bench in 22 mins...last mention of whoreford this season.

It felt like he played more. He is a real presence on the court and its so nice we actually had good luck in the draft and grabbed him. A great future ahead for The Baptist. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

A lot of guys will be in hiding after this game...Similar to what Hotlanta use to do after a victory.

This is going to be a fun season to watch. But let’s contain our excitement, lest we appear to be homers :biggrin:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Oops....we're all busted now.

Let’s not let a certain someone see us on this Hawks board pulling for the Hawks :deke:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

First dozen or so games of the season tend to be deceptive in the Bud era... but of course, that means we've generally taken some time getting into a rhythm. I'm cautious to read too much into the whole slew of em, let alone just the first game. But undeniable that there's a lot to like, even had we ended up losing. Everyone seemed to contribute something tonight at some point. And though we've often talked around these parts that you can't win championships that way, it doesn't keep me from loving the concept of a 12-man rotation.

12 men played, and all by the 1st half. Everyone scored at least 3. No one played 30 minutes except Menace’s 34. Very well done Bud.

• Like 3

I'm not "missing", I just have other stuff I gotta do, I couldn't stay up last night because of this morning and until the second week of December I simply won't be here after any Saturday basketball games.

I made a joke before truly checking out actually...Dallas is not good but they're not horrible...they will likely win about low 30ish games this season. This actually might play out to where both teams are similar which isn't bad...play to win but lose most games because you don't have the experience.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JTB said:

Lol he will probably be posting about Dennis 26 shot attempts Though he shot 50% for the game.

You are right.  Regardless of the late 50%...  I watched Collins dominate early but not get touches.   I watched Dedmon not get touches.  This is a constant story.  Our bigs will not develop well.  It's good because we beat a poor Dallas team whose defense looked like kids on the playground.   However, it will show in the development of our bigs.  The PG has to believe that Big men are more than mere rebounders. 

• Like 1