• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Mavericks -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

vor 13 Stunden, Diesel sagte:

You are right.  Regardless of the late 50%...  I watched Collins dominate early but not get touches.   I watched Dedmon not get touches.  This is a constant story.  Our bigs will not develop well.  It's good because we beat a poor Dallas team whose defense looked like kids on the playground.   However, it will show in the development of our bigs.  The PG has to believe that Big men are more than mere rebounders. 

Maybe, just maybe the Dallas Defense looked that terrible because they couldn't stop that subpar PG that you cannot build around? Just a bit food for thought. Matthews, Barnes and Noel are good defenders btw and nowitzki is regarded as a good team/help defender. The only obvious weak link in that Defense that you can exploit heavily is their Rookie PG...who was matched up against? Oh, yeah...

• Like 4

So Magette is 100% from thirty or so feet, a nice percentage whether from one shot or not. Is Jent having an effect already. Yeah ok, still a little giddy but really just about everybody got at least a little piece last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

So Magette is 100% from thirty or so feet, a nice percentage whether from one shot or not. Is Jent having an effect already. Yeah ok, still a little giddy but really just about everybody got at least a little piece last night.

I think damn near everyone hit a nice mid-range shot.  Hopefully Jent is that next guy who’s impact you can see on the floor after Quinn and Ken.  

And put me square in the category of not giving an eff about Dennis’ assists or FGAs if he’s shooting 50.  That’s the Jordan threshold for a guard, shoot till your arms burn.  There aren’t any characters like last year who would let attempts affect the rest of their game.  Bud is taking a Spo-like approach: if Dennis defends, let him eat and the team has bought in.  I mean really who’s as quick off the standing dribble?  Wall, maybe?  He has to mix in a few of those questionable, early clock jumpers to keep the D honest.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Thomas said:

The "late" part of Dennis's 50% shooting might not have meant much in a lopsided game but this game was tied and back and forth in the last couple of minutes so that late 50% was a very good and necessary thing for us to win. Dennis ended up with a 3.5 A/T as well which I'm not sure any of us expected it to be that high, not me anyway. Lets enjoy a win. 

The game didn't have to be tight.  Dennis could have used his bigs early and we could have put that game away Early.  I'm looking at Collins... beat his man down the floor consistently... wide open.. but Dennis looks him off.  I'm looking at Collins with position.. but Dennis pulls up and takes yet another shot.  I'm looking at our bigs with sky high FG% and they be reduced to get their points on putbacks...  What put the game away??  Oh yeah... A Dedmon Putback.  Why do our bigs have to constantly live on scraps when playing with Dennis..

You may insert your Blame Bud rant Here.

Or 

You can insert your Dennis is so young rant here..

or 

You can attack the messenger... here...

Lonzo Ball sucked his first game.  How long do you think it will take this young man to be a better distributor/developer than Dennis??  Midseason?

So as opposed to enjoying a Hawk's win we are suppose to split hairs about the winning margin? We won in the clutch more so by really rebounding strong than shooting or the PnR but we didn't fold just the same. Once again, try to enjoy a win most thought we wouldn't get. Its not that hard to enjoy especially in a rebuild....oh yeah, retool season.  

• Like 1

The likelihood that Lonzo Ball pulls what he did at UCLA at the Lakers is just not very high. He's a better distributor than Dennis RIGHT NOW, but it does not matter. It does not matter at all. 

He has his dad to deal with (everyone is going to be coming at him, not just Bev to prove a point to LaVar), is a bad ball screen guard right now (in PNR he's fine but any other screens he's bad), may have shot mechanic issues, and is not a good defender. This season is going to be a season of tough, tough lessons for him. He won't bust, as his floor is too high but it will be his hardest year yet.

I doubt Lonzo Ball is Jason Kidd. Severely doubt it.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

The game didn't have to be tight.  Dennis could have used his bigs early and we could have put that game away Early.  I'm looking at Collins... beat his man down the floor consistently... wide open.. but Dennis looks him off.  I'm looking at Collins with position.. but Dennis pulls up and takes yet another shot.  I'm looking at our bigs with sky high FG% and they be reduced to get their points on putbacks...  What put the game away??  Oh yeah... A Dedmon Putback.  Why do our bigs have to constantly live on scraps when playing with Dennis..

You may insert your Blame Bud rant Here.

Or 

You can insert your Dennis is so young rant here..

or 

You can attack the messenger... here...

Lonzo Ball sucked his first game.  How long do you think it will take this young man to be a better distributor/developer than Dennis??  Midseason?

There was suppose to be a no bash Dennis rule in place after this game.  Guess some people will never be happy with him regardless of how he performs.  This game definitely illustrates that point.

John Collins had a USG% of nearly 24%. I guess it has to be 30+ for some people to be satisfied.

The only guard that looked like he understood the inside game without post ups was Belinelli and even he still was shooting for himself half of the time. But I don't count the end of the quarter play, I think he was putting it up for Collins there.

• Like 1