• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marco Polo...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Could Belinelli be the new KK??

While Korver was number 1 in 3pt% last year...  Belli's 3pt%  (36%) would have placed him around #75 in the league. 

But... that was with Chicago. 

• In Chicago, 46% of his shots were three pointers. 
  • In Chicago, he played 24 mpg
  • In Chicago, he shot 3.8 attempted 3s per game. 

But Korver also came from Chicago.

• In Chicago, he shot 43.5% from 3.
  • In Chicago, 67% of his shots were three pointers. 
  • In Chicago, he played 26.2 mpg.
  • In Chicago, he shot 4.2 attempted 3s per game. 

Korver's first year in Atlanta... His mpg went to 30.5 mpg.  His attempts went to 5.6 attempted 3s per game.  His 3pt % went to 45.7%.   69% of his shots were three pointers.   By the time he was traded, that number was 75%.

Beli's first game with the Hawks... was a three point showcase.  However, mathematically... if this is the same Budball that molded Korver from a Chicago system... then what we can expect from Beli is...

• Beli will shoot about 5.1 three pters per game... at a rate of about 38%.
  • Beli will play about 28 mpg. 
  • Beli will be our three point shooter.

Unfortunately... I don't see him keeping up this blistering 3 pt pace.. but I do believe that he will see a very good improvement and dare I say.. shoot  almost as good from three than he did when he payed for San Antonio.

• Like 2

I didn’t realize he hit 4 in the opener. Still I wouldn’t expect anything near Kyle level shooting from he (.378 on 3.5 attempts for his career) or Babbitt (.406 on 2.5).

He’s a pretty gritty Euro player, I like him best making things happen off the ball and forcing himself to the line.  His give-and-go ang pump fake game is strong.  For 10 million less than Tim Jr. (awesome opener with 8/1/0) I got no qualms.  I don’t want to think about next year but while we got em Belli and Dedmon are A+ signings from Schlenk.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Yeah, you can really tell he has been in Pop's system. Whether he hits over 40% from three for the year or not he will still be a threat so can help spread the floor because of that. Seems quite savvy out there with or without the ball and don't think its just because of his age. Great first game for him as a Hawk.

• Moderators

He will be really important to the team's wins this year.  We badly need shooting and I expect he will be our best perimeter shooter (Babbit will be higher but a more limited player and therefore less impact overall).

• Like 1

He is vastly underrated. He can handle the ball, create his own shot and he he has a lot of swagger. I think he is better the bigger his role is on a team. He is an absolute beast for Italy when he plays internationally, because he has the freedom to play like he wants to there.

I think he is probably the best SG the Hawks had in years and he could be a decent 2nd ball handler.

The Hornets bodied up tightly on Marco last night so his numbers looked bad. Did have some nice passes but man he had to work to find anyone. Missed pretty much every shot from the floor. So am guessing for him to have those nice percentage nights its a similar situation we had with Kyle. Need space and very good screens even with the better ball handling of Marco. Still glad he is here because we know he can hit threes and maybe he can help the youngsters with that as well.

22 hours ago, kurupt said:

He is vastly underrated. He can handle the ball, create his own shot and he he has a lot of swagger. I think he is better the bigger his role is on a team. He is an absolute beast for Italy when he plays internationally, because he has the freedom to play like he wants to there.

I think he is probably the best SG the Hawks had in years and he could be a decent 2nd ball handler.

The best SG the Hawks have had in years?

Here they are

- Hardaway Jr  ( nope )

- Baze  ( nope )

- Korver   ( now he is )

- Lou Williams   ( nope )

- John Jenkins ( yep )

- Deshawn Stevenson ( hmmmmm . . a wash, because of Stevenson's defense )

- Willie Green ( yep )

When Bembry comes back am thinking he is our second best ball handler (yeah I know I'm in love or something) as long as the wrist doesn't end up being a nagging problem. But indicative of our handles issues after Dennis goes off the floor I think Marco is our third best which says two of our three point guards aren't in our top three ball handlers. Just ugh....