• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

If Moose/Belli/Babbit/Ersan were each just 30% from deep, Hawks win this one...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

Dedmon was never going to play full on minutes, and it has nothing to do with Bud "liking white tall guys that are weak". He has foul issues and never has, which means he'd get worn out too easily.

But that's what happens when you try to do what Miami did. You have the ugly games and it might not work in the end, leading to a poor season, because Miami was headed for 20 wins at first.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dedmon was never going to play full on minutes, and it has nothing to do with Bud "liking white tall guys that are weak". He has foul issues and never has, which means he'd get worn out too easily.

But that's what happens when you try to do what Miami did. You have the ugly games and it might not work in the end, leading to a poor season, because Miami was headed for 20 wins at first.

He had 2 fouls!

Our starting four (excluding Ersan of course tonight) shot 50% from the floor so it would have been better to wear them out on the court so as to have some kind of chance at the end whether tired or not. But in the end we couldn't even hit 25% from three overall so whatever, we were going to lose this one late anyway am thinking. The boxscore shows what we had been fearing before the season, a lack of consistent scoring.

Man its crazy how desperately needed Bembry is. 

That second unit had no one making any plays. 

Collins looked like a rookie tonight. Made tons of little mistakes which caused turnovers or easy points for the hornets.

Also I was kinda disappointed with BellyNelly. Had a completely wrong approach for this game. He took so many bad shots just because everything fell last game.

Our supposed floor stretchers couldn't hit a 3 to save their lifes.

Dennis played a good game. I can't really see him playing a more efficient brand of basketball as long as he has no help who attracts defensive focus. 

We'll go through many nights like this. Embrace the tank!!

Edited by StephenHawking
  • Like 2

Schröder should have had 10+ Assists. He created so many open shots for others, especially in the second half and the rest of the team couldn't hit open shots. They looked completely LOST without Dennis on the court and I didn't understand Buds rotations. I feel bad for Dennis.

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten, ISOJOE sagte:

Schröder should have had 10+ Assists. He created so many open shots for others, especially in the second half and the rest of the team couldn't hit open shots. They looked completely LOST without Dennis on the court and I didn't understand Buds rotations. I feel bad for Dennis.

Look. This year is not solely about winning games and grinding games out.

We need to build chemistry. Chemistry is only build through playing minutes together as a unit. 

We could play Dennis for 48 minutes with the starters. But then this team is going nowhere in the future. You want your rookies to man up and get better. The approach should be to play better as a whole in the end of the season.

Whether we win 28 or 33 games makes no difference to me. 

Edited by StephenHawking

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, StephenHawking said:

Look. This year is not solely about winning games and grinding games out.

We need to build chemistry. Chemistry is only build through playing minutes together as a unit. 

We could play Dennis for 48 minutes with the starters. But then this team is going nowhere in the future. You want your rookies to man up and get better. The approach should be to play better as a whole in the end of the season.

If we win 28 or 33 games makes no difference to me. 

Chemistry breaks down and teams tend to stop moving the ball when players like Belineli and Babbit fires up so many missed shots.  Coaches need to recognize cold players and go with the hot hands.  Heck Dedmon even hit a 3.  Dude was on tonight but Bud left him on the bench for long stretches.  Also playing Collins at center vs Howard was just asinine!

• Like 3