• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Schröder watch

TheNorthCydeRises

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Dennis will always flash, but we have yet to see him put the complete package on the floor where he is shooting well, attacking the basket, getting teammates involved, protecting the basketball, and DEFENDING.  

So in other words, you want him to play like an All-NBA player?

I'll take "All-Star with some flaws".

Baby steps.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So in other words, you want him to play like an All-NBA player?

I'll take "All-Star with some flaws".

Baby steps.

Unfortunately, I don't believe he is an All-Star with flaws right now.  The consistency isn't there with his offense, and his defense is too poor to offset the lack of offensive consistency.  

On 11/21/2017 at 6:41 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When you know that your owner doesn't want you to win games, it may have that effect on you.  Dennis has legit only had 3 bad games the entire year.  The guy has far exceeded most everyone's expectations this year.

Dudes want Dennis to handle more responsibility but that's not his game. Dennis is going to do his game. It's best to put as much talent around Dennis as possible while playing to his strengths. As you noticed, there is not much talent around Dennis right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Dudes want Dennis to handle more responsibility but that's not his game. Dennis is going to do his game. It's best to put as much talent around Dennis as possible while playing to his strengths. As you noticed, there is not much talent around Dennis right now. 

Sounds like responsibility to me.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2017 at 0:34 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Sounds like responsibility to me.

Responsibility on the court. Like protecting other players on the court when they make mistakes. Making elite plays off of the ball, just being more of an asset. These are things I just don't think Dennis can do. Dennis is going to play his game. Work hard. Put up numbers but let's be clear, he's not that type of player. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Responsibility on the court. Like protecting other players on the court when they make mistakes. Making elite plays off of the ball, just being more of an asset. These are things I just don't think Dennis can do. Dennis is going to play his game. Work hard. Put up numbers but let's be clear, he's not that type of player. 

So what current NBA PG do you want him to be like?

For as much talent as this team lacks, Mike Conley Jr. is a prime example of a PG who can handle a lot of responsibility and carry teammates. 

I hear you, but this is really the first season he's been able to have that authority. Maybe he won't ever develop those traits, but in the past he's never had to be a leader. He's been fighting essentially his whole career to get to where he is now. Even last year he was auditioning to be our long-term PG moving forward. I know some guys are born leaders, but I think it's too soon to say Dennis can't ever become one in his own way.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He’s getting that stock up.  It’s high time we get proper compensation back for a valuable asset.  I don’t think Dennis is in Schlenk’s future plans at all.  Our GM is surely a hardcore analytics guy coming from GS and I’m guessing a pretty staunch defensive guy.  Dennis will never be an analytic darling or defensive standout.  Plus who are we kidding?  Bud could turn Taylor into a “starter” just as easily as he has Dennis.  And Kyle. And Sap.  And DeMarre.  And Dedmon.  And etc, etc.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

He’s getting that stock up.  It’s high time we get proper compensation back for a valuable asset.  I don’t think Dennis is in Schlenk’s future plans at all.  Our GM is surely a hardcore analytics guy coming from GS and I’m guessing a pretty staunch defensive guy.  Dennis will never be an analytic darling or defensive standout.  Plus who are we kidding?  Bud could turn Taylor into a “starter” just as easily as he has Dennis.  And Kyle. And Sap.  And DeMarre.  And Dedmon.  And etc, etc.

Proper compensation . . . as in . . . ?

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Stahhhp it!