• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Explanation on Collins

BenC

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Because your expectation for this season was.........what exactly?

I expect to see player development...Not Luke Babbitt, Muscala and Malcolm Delaney playing ahead players that need to develop.

Also, guys need to play the right way...Prince needs to stop making dumb decisions and they definitely should stop running plays for Muscala. 

I want to see traditional line ups not junk line up like Delaney at the 2 or Belinelli at the 3. 

I would like this team to be defensive minded and rebound the ball and protect the ball.

Just tired of the same ole same ole.  Getting killed on the boards, turnovers and terrible transition defense. 

Definitely want to see Taylor playing point with a traditional line up.

The list goes on and on.

• Like 2

We're all excited about Collins, but this season is not all about him. There are more players who factor into our future and others who could. There are also players who could be flipped at the deadline. Everyone needs minutes for us to see what we have. We're not going to the playoffs, we should not restrict our lineup in an attempt to squeeze out an extra win or two. 

And you can't both support the tank (or whatever you wanna call it) and then complain that the team isn't playing your ideal brand of basketball. That's insane. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, High5 said:

We're all excited about Collins, but this season is not all about him. There are more players who factor into our future and others who could. There are also players who could be flipped at the deadline. Everyone needs minutes for us to see what we have. We're not going to the playoffs, we should not restrict our lineup in an attempt to squeeze out an extra win or two. 

And you can't both support the tank (or whatever you wanna call it) and then complain that the team isn't playing your ideal brand of basketball. That's insane. 

This.  All of this.  Unless you’re inclined to continue a crusade against Bud.  If that’s the case then nitpick away.

10 hours ago, MaceCase said:

And you assume that change is always for the better.  Yea, I suppose there could be a strategy that will transform this squad into a contender and Collins into a superstar over his first 8 games.  You’ve convinced me, Bud isn’t the one to steer this team to its full potential, time to look elsewhere.

I'll bet Bob Weiss could be had if the price was right.

10 hours ago, Packfill said:

It is not just Bud.  Clearly most NBA teams are moving to having 4 shooters on the floor.  For that reason, Dedmon and Collins are not a good fit together.  Collins hopefully pulls a Aaron Gordon and becomes a shooting tour-de-force in the years ahead.

You play to your strengths.  A lot of these teams stay losing because they're trying to copy a playing style that they can't really play.  Utah is about the only team with sense enough to play to their strengths.  Their shooting PFs are not starters, they're coming off the bench.  Meanwhile, Gobert and Favors are going to handle their business as starters.

9 hours ago, High5 said:

Yes but Bembry is currently injured.:afro: