Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Which is why it will not surprise me to see Travis Schlenk trade Dennis Schröder and open up a starting spot for Delaney for the rest of the year.  Whatever it takes to lose the most games.

That would literally set us back 3 years.  For all of the people that doubt Dennis, we ALL better hope he turns the corner and develops into a borderline All-Star PG either by this year or next season.  If not, we're dead in the water.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That would literally set us back 3 years.  For all of the people that doubt Dennis, we ALL better hope he turns the corner and develops into a borderline All-Star PG either by this year or next season.  If not, we're dead in the water.

Heck, it's already going to take at least 5 years to dig out of this hole.  The product that is on the court right now is just a miserable shit show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

KB is getting annoying. This team was going to be bad because we are loaded with a lot of two-way players who aren't good at being two-way players. But this, trade and burn the house down mentality would set this team back for 3-5 years. 

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He is already a borderline PG All-Star in the East. http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg/league/east

To get back on topic, the Bucks look like a top 3 team in the East this year. Giannis is having an MVP season......Thanks Larry Drew. I will NEVER forget.

• Like 4

Just now, KB21 said:

Heck, it's already going to take at least 5 years to dig out of this hole.  The product that is on the court right now is just a miserable shit show.

It really depends on how rapidly Collins can develop.  If Dennis does make the leap to be a top 10 PG, it'll be up to Collins to be that dependable big man on the block, to really solidify the inside game.

The plan seems to be to limit Collins minutes this season, so we can lose enough games to be in the lottery.  Once it is assured that we're going to miss the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised that he's the starter come mid-March.  Then we'll get to see what he can do playing with our best guys, and with starters' minutes.

If Prince can be that reliable 3rd starter ( 13 - 15 ppg ), we may can dig out of the hole in 3 years.

SMH Baze . . tossing up air balls now.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It really depends on how rapidly Collins can develop.  If Dennis does make the leap to be a top 10 PG, it'll be up to Collins to be that dependable big man on the block, to really solidify the inside game.

The plan seems to be to limit Collins minutes this season, so we can lose enough games to be in the lottery.  Once it is assured that we're going to miss the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised that he's the starter come mid-March.  Then we'll get to see what he can do playing with our best guys, and with starters' minutes.

If Prince can be that reliable 3rd starter ( 13 - 15 ppg ), we may can dig out of the hole in 3 years.

SMH Baze . . tossing up air balls now.

I think that is unlikely, because I don't believe Dennis will ever be efficient enough to be a top 10 point guard (besides, Travis is going to trade him at some point anyway).  

Just now, DBac said:

Doubt Dennis ever makes the leap to a top 10 pg. I don't think he's in Schlenks longterm plans but also don't think he gets traded mid year unless a crazy offer presents itself.

Knowing Travis, he will trade Dennis for a late first round pick and a bad contract just to help some cap strapped team out that isn't the Hawks.