• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

vor 1 Minute, KB21 sagte:

You actually think Delaney's performance in Europe in anyway equals what Doncic has done at his age?  There hasn't been a European player this good since Drazen Petrovic.  

If Bembry is your starting shooting guard, then you will have a very limited offense that is devoid of pure shooters.

No I don't think Delaney equals Doncic. I wanted to give you a glimpse of how bad euroball actually is. 

I see what your saying with Bembry. 

I just think Bembry is the type of player who has such a high bb iq and is capable of thousands of tricks to get into good position. Every time he was on the floor so far you could tell his potential is through the roof without even having a jumper yet

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

If only there was a place for Draft Propsect discussions out there somewhere...

~lw3

Exactly how do you separate talking about draft prospects from talking about the Hawks when the end game that Travis Schlenk wants is the high draft pick and the team is a complete shit show on the floor?

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

Exactly how do you separate talking about draft prospects from talking about the Hawks when the end game that Travis Schlenk wants is the high draft pick and the team is a complete shit show on the floor?

By going to this page so you can talk all about them.

https://hawksquawk.net/community/forum/14-nba-draft-talk/

What's on the floor, today, and maybe next game, can be talked about here.

~lw3

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't know if I can take one guy's Rambo style assault on the Hawks and the rest of us that post here for a full season.

Don’t you mean 5+ seasons? :blink:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, DBac said:

Bembry can play alongside whoever we draft whether that's Doncic, Porter, Ayton, Bagley... he can initiate and is pretty good off the ball, even though he's not a 3 point shooter he is excellent at cutting to the rim for layups.

Bembry hasn't shown anything.  Nothing of note.  We talk about him as though he's the future.   Why??  Because we drafted him?? Just because we drafted him doesn't mean he's good.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

I'm talking of a building block of Schröder Bembry Prince and Collins. Thats why I said if Bembry turns out to be the future 2 guard you won't need Doncic because every backcourt position is filled with a future starter already.

And Doncic does not seem like a can't miss prospect considering there are a couple of great players in this years draft

a building block of Schröder Bembry Prince and Collins.

Bembry is not a building block because he brings nothing to the table. 

Schröder is not a building block because he's mediocre. 

I don't care which of the top picks of the next draft that we take in but Prince Collins and said draft pick will be the building blocks of the future of Hawks basketball. 

Schröder may bring in a good trade pickup for us.  Hopefully, we can trade him and Baze together for a high first rounder or a solid young player. 

Once we get rid of these guys who are not our future, we can begin the process of winning.  It's sorta like when GS traded Monta Ellis for Bogut.  Schröder is our Monta Ellis.  He puts up good offensive stats but his defense and his empty stats doesn't help us at all. 

Bembry is an Atlanta Hawks pipedream.   We wish that he was as good as we wish he were.   Sadly, he's not.  He's not even close to the pipedreams that sprawl around Hawksquawk about him.  He's just a guy who the Hawks drafted. 

vor einer Stunde, Diesel sagte:

a building block of Schröder Bembry Prince and Collins.

Bembry is not a building block because he brings nothing to the table. 

Schröder is not a building block because he's mediocre. 

I don't care which of the top picks of the next draft that we take in but Prince Collins and said draft pick will be the building blocks of the future of Hawks basketball. 

Schröder may bring in a good trade pickup for us.  Hopefully, we can trade him and Baze together for a high first rounder or a solid young player. 

Once we get rid of these guys who are not our future, we can begin the process of winning.  It's sorta like when GS traded Monta Ellis for Bogut.  Schröder is our Monta Ellis.  He puts up good offensive stats but his defense and his empty stats doesn't help us at all. 

Bembry is an Atlanta Hawks pipedream.   We wish that he was as good as we wish he were.   Sadly, he's not.  He's not even close to the pipedreams that sprawl around Hawksquawk about him.  He's just a guy who the Hawks drafted. 

Luckily we have you on the board presenting your very own opinion as facts. 

Its not a coincidence that nearly everybody on this board thinks highly of Bembry. Neither is it a coincidence that many see Dennis as a building block. 

Just express your opinion as what it is - an opinion.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Instead of calling individual posters out with your own individual gripes, move your cursor over their username and select "Ignore User". Whenever you feel you can stomach their content again, do the same procedure, but click "Un-ignore User".

The Squawk universe does not need to know who you have personally tired of reading or communicating with.

~lw3

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Stay. There will always be the naysayers. Pessimistic to every move made. Always going against the current. Take them with a little humor. 

1, 2, 3, say it with me: The Miserable Ones...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Bembry hasn't shown anything.  Nothing of note.  We talk about him as though he's the future.   Why??  Because we drafted him?? Just because we drafted him doesn't mean he's good.

There's this certain thing called "The Eye Test", we all see it when daFro is out there because it's readily apparent. He's obviously the savviest, highest BBIQ, best passing, best facilitating, best defender on the floor when he's in. Because I watch him. Not because we drafted him, I'd feel the same if he came over in the D8 trade. He's sneaky good, pay attention...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

Let me just add, though, that I do agree that the jury is still out on Menace being traded or not. I wouldn't be completely surprised if it happened, although I think less likely than likely. All depends on his continued progression, and who/what gets offered for him. But if his maturity, off-ball D, and 3-pt shooting stagnate, wouldn't put it past Schlenkholzer...