• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Looking forward to seeing if Bembry goes beyond the eye test this year.  Stats were nice in game 1 before injury and in summer league.  He has potential but still has to realize it.  Some believe, some don't but the proof will be apparent when he plays one way or the other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Bembry hasn't shown anything.  Nothing of note.  We talk about him as though he's the future.   Why??  Because we drafted him?? Just because we drafted him doesn't mean he's good.

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

There's this certain thing called "The Eye Test", we all see it when daFro is out there because it's readily apparent. He's obviously the savviest, highest BBIQ, best passing, best facilitating, best defender on the floor when he's in. Because I watch him. Not because we drafted him, I'd feel the same if he came over in the D8 trade. He's sneaky good, pay attention...

But I'm talking about as a savvy 6th man backing up the 1, 2, and 3. Not a starting "star", although he could eventually definitely develop into a valuable starter. Which is why I feel like Doncic would be an excellent pick, among others.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

Looking forward to seeing if Bembry goes beyond the eye test this year.  Stats were nice in game 1 before injury and in summer league.  He has potential but still has to realize it.  Some believe, some don't but the proof will be apparent when he plays one way or the other.

Coincidence that Hawks only win this season is the game daFro played? Or naw...

• Moderators
1 minute ago, hazer said:

Coincidence that Hawks only win this season is the game daFro played? Or naw...

No doubt he helped but I'm not going to pin future losses on him once he returns.  We'll have plenty of losses either way, lol!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

No doubt he helped but I'm not going to pin future losses on him once he returns.  We'll have plenty of losses either way, lol!

Agreed. I was just being facetious :devil:

Might sound funny to some (two for sure), but Bembry is the only guy on the roster that screems superstar potential to me. 

By saying that I don't mean he'll surely become one but I'm not surprised if he turns out to be one.

He has all the tools. He is so smooth and effortless on the court. 

He has a real floor general appeal. 

Edited by StephenHawking

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Bembry hasn't shown anything.  Nothing of note.  We talk about him as though he's the future.   Why??  Because we drafted him?? Just because we drafted him doesn't mean he's good.

He's shown that he's the best defender on the roster and he finds ways to be useful on O despite not being a shooter (cuts, ballhandling, passing). I think he could develop into a guy on the Andre Iguodala spectrum of swiss army knife types, but certainly not as good as Iggy.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Might sound funny to some (two for sure), but Bembry is the only guy on the roster that screems superstar potential to me. 

By saying that I don't mean he'll surely become one but I'm not surprised if he turns out to be one.

He has all the tools. He is so smooth and effortless on the court. 

He has a real floor general appeal. 

I liked the Bembry pick as of the draft and I'm excited to see him play more this year but he doesn't scream "superstar" to me in any way.  I'm thinking either middling starter or strong reserve for a career path.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

I liked the Bembry pick as of the draft and I'm excited to see him play more this year but he doesn't scream "superstar" to me in any way.  I'm thinking either middling starter or strong reserve for a career path.

I see what he's saying. Bembry has no real flaw outside of shooting like Simmons but it's that next level skill that Simmons and others potential stars have that Bembry is missing. Not saying he can't be a star but it's more likely he develops into a role player. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I see what he's saying. Bembry has no real flaw outside of shooting like Simmons but it's that next level skill that Simmons and others potential stars have that Bembry is missing. Not saying he can't be a star but it's more likely he develops into a role player. 

I don't put it out of reach that he could develop into someone who makes it onto an All-Star team but superstar?  That is a rare breed of MVP talent.  Nothing screaming NBA MVP to me.

That isn't intended as an insult - that applies to 99% of the players in the NBA.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't put it out of reach that he could develop into someone who makes it onto an All-Star team but superstar?  That is a rare breed of MVP talent.  Nothing screaming NBA MVP to me.

That isn't intended as an insult - that applies to 99% of the players in the NBA.

I agree I don't see future superstar but Jimmy Butler type growth isn't out of the question with DeAndre. That said, that's unlikely as well. 

vor 7 Stunden, AHF sagte:

Yeah sorry I may define the word superstar wrong. A top 20 player is what I meant. 

As supes said his skillset is reminiscent of Simmons, James, Greek Freak when they started. Sure he misses the height and long arms but his game has the same appeal and he's very athletic to come up for it. I know he's by far worse and couldn't prove himself so far but the skillset is arguably the same. 

Great passer, great rebounder, bad shooter, great defender, high bb IQ 

His ceiling is a triple double machine to me. 

4 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

On another note: 

Did anybody else catch Nique with the occasional "Dellanedova" ?

When his pronunciations or heat check comments start to irritate it helps to just view a few Youtube videos of Nique in the eighties as a HAWK. It makes it all so much more tollerable, you know.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

More like the only win was against the only team that may be worse than we are.

"These are the jokes, folks!"