• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

Just now, DBac said:

damn collins fouled out in 13 minutes. Didn't watch much of the second half in favor of the world series but that's never a good sign.

Just more of an example of how he needed 4 years of growth and development under Paul Millsap. Because of this losing environment where he's going to be bruised and battered, he's not going to develop like he can and will bust.

Just subbing in for this spammer.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Just more of an example of how he needed 4 years of growth and development under Paul Millsap. Because of this losing environment where he's going to be bruised and battered, he's not going to develop like he can and will bust.

Just subbing in for this spammer.

He's gotta put on his man weight for sure haha. Glad we're not bolted down to Paul's contract right now, doesn't even look like he's making the difference expected for Denver, which is shocking to me.

Although as I say that he's balling out vs the Raptors

Edited by DBac
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The bigs are fouling a lot because most of the time there is only one big in the game with a bunch of perimeter players that are getting beat off the dribble on a regular bases.  That big is asked to protect the rim against the other team's front court and back court without any help.  Not a great scheme if you ask me.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The bigs are fouling a lot because most of the time there is only one big in the game with a bunch of perimeter players that are getting beat off the dribble on a regular bases.  That big is asked to protect the rim against the other team's front court and back court without any help.  Not a great scheme if you ask me.

Theres some truth in that, but Collins and Dedmon had major foul issues before they got here too. 

I’m more concerned about Collins not finishing these easy baskets. Why the hell isnt he dunking these !!!! He barely leaves his feet and tosses up a very weak layup attempt that rolls off the rim.

i know he can jump but doesn’t seem like he’s using his athleticism unless it’s for a driving dunk or rebounds. If he’s standing under the goal he’s not putting the energy in to get off his feet and slam it down when he can.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m more concerned about Collins not finishing these easy baskets. Why the hell isnt he dunking these !!!! He barely leaves his feet and tosses up a very weak layup attempt that rolls off the rim.

i know he can jump but doesn’t seem like he’s using his athleticism unless it’s for a driving dunk or rebounds. If he’s standing under the goal he’s not putting the energy in to get off his feet and slam it down when he can.

Tonight he was clearly shook by Embiid's presence. 

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, JTB said:

Cause he is getting beat up by the other team's bruising 7 footers

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JTB said:

:Baze::Moose: "We Will Teach You, O Young One!"

~baz3andmoos3

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

None of Collins' fouls had to do with other players getting beat. And only one had to do with Embiid being a large center. He just made rookie fouls. 

Well, we really don't have to worry about Collins getting overplayed this season. He is going to foul out probably anytime he plays more than twenty or so minutes and if against talented or just plain big centers it won't take that long. Still love all that hustle though and do still think he could stay on the floor more at PF for the obvious reason but don't think Bud will adjust his position on the floor anytime soon. On another note believe this is the first game I have seen where Babbitt has actually helped us so here is hoping for some repeats of that. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ISO said:

Bazemore tries so hard, but he is just so bad.

He's like an old Avis Rent-A-Car ad ("We Try Harder!"), but unlike OJ w/ Hertz, Baze would be tripping over everybody's luggage and missing his flight anyway.

~lw3

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

This is precisely why you try to protect them more not less!

So we should have only played Collins 10 minutes instead of allowing him to foul out in 13 minutes?  Then the playing time Nazis would be whining even more.

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Watchman said:

So we should have only played Collins 10 minutes instead of allowing him to foul out in 13 minutes?  Then the playing time Nazis would be whining even more.

Y'all are frustrating!  You protect him by having a d-mn center in the game when he is in and not have him battle other centers on defense and on the boards