Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Taylor look frightened at the line lol. had a tough last minute but it's a good learning experience for him

I knew he was gonna blow both of em.  Knowing what we know about Cleveland clowning on defense takes a bit of the fun out but still any road win is a quality one.

Same bright spots as every night in Dennis and The Baptist. Taylor looks like he wants to join them.  

• Like 1

Menace, Printz, and the Baptist are looking like a good foundation to build upon, with lottery picks and savvy trade/FA star needed to complete the package. And Gaze just needs to keep up that improvement so he’s tradable.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just a little Tauren Prince update. Over his last five games he's averaging 17.2 pts, 6.2 rbs, 2.4 asts, 1.4 stls, shooting 45% from the field and 43% from three. 

This ladies and gentlemen is growth.  I'm loving the progress he's made.  He still needs to work on his handles.  Overall much improved from last year.

I'm also noticing Baze's vision has improved and he's starting to rack up the assists.  Hopefully, his shot comes around and he builds up his value.

Prince fills the stats and without manufactured flash and dumbass pouting like an ex Hawk favorite that filled stats but mentally shut down in the last two minutes of most games. Believe Prince will be a Hawk a very long time because of his play and without the unnecessary baggage.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Dennis' last 5 games!

22 pts, 6.6 asts, 2,6 rbs, 0.8sts and 3.4 turnovers.

He's shooting 53.3% from the field on 15 shots per game.  Getting to the line about 4.4 times a game and hitting 91% of his free throws.   And get this he's shooting 52.6% on four attempts from three a game.

I believe @Diesel and @KB21 wanted to see Dennis be more efficient and that's what he's done. I'm very happy with his progress this season.   I would like to see him keep his turnovers to around to 2 or 3 a game which is excellent when you consider how much he handles the ball.

28 points on 13 shots is what I'm looking for.  He was 8 for 8 from the FT line.  Four of those were from fouls late in the game.  A guy that penetrates as much as he does should be getting on the line more often, and I'm hoping he is figuring this out. 

The 6 turnovers though........:angry:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

28 points on 13 shots is what I'm looking for.  He was 8 for 8 from the FT line.  Four of those were from fouls late in the game.  A guy that penetrates as much as he does should be getting on the line more often, and I'm hoping he is figuring this out. 

Who's putting up 28 pts on 13 shots in the league?  That's an unrealistic expectation. 

• Like 1

vor 22 Minuten, marco102 sagte:

Dennis' last 5 games!

22 pts, 6.6 asts, 2.6 rbs, 0.8 stls and 3.4 turnovers.

He's shooting 53.3% from the field on 15 shots per game.  Getting to the line about 4.4 times a game and hitting 91% of his free throws.   And get this, he's shooting 52.6% on four attempts from three a game.

I believe @Diesel and @KB21 wanted to see Dennis be more efficient and that's what he's done. I'm very happy with his progress this season.   I would like to see him keep his turnovers to around to 2 or 3 a game which is excellent when you consider how much he handles the ball.

You gotta put in consideration that his shooting percentages would be even higher would he not have to take all those late clock/ quarter end shots.

• Like 2

Dennis on most nights is probably better than his stats display because our shooting is unlikely to be consistent and certainly don't think Babbitt shoots 50% from three here on out. A fun thought though. Dennis probably would have two or three more assists each outing with consistent shooting from folks. 

52 minutes ago, KB21 said:

At least two of them were offensive fouls, which one could argue about...

• Like 1