• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Dennis' last 5 games!

22 pts, 6.6 asts, 2.6 rbs, 0.8 stls and 3.4 turnovers.

He's shooting 53.3% from the field on 15 shots per game.  Getting to the line about 4.4 times a game and hitting 91% of his free throws.   And get this, he's shooting 52.6% on four attempts from three a game.

I believe @Diesel and @KB21 wanted to see Dennis be more efficient and that's what he's done. I'm very happy with his progress this season.   I would like to see him keep his turnovers to around to 2 or 3 a game which is excellent when you consider how much he handles the ball.

I wanted to see Dennis make others better and stop playing selfishly.  He's getting there. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

28 points on 13 shots is what I'm looking for.  He was 8 for 8 from the FT line.  Four of those were from fouls late in the game.  A guy that penetrates as much as he does should be getting on the line more often, and I'm hoping he is figuring this out. 

The 6 turnovers though........:angry:

lol...I just realized you meant that's what he did in the game and not averaging. If he gives us that every game, he's a superstar..lol

I'm being reminded almost every Sunday how awful it is to have a team that you expected to be one of the best in the conference but is mediocre or perhaps even worse. That game almost made me faint because it was completely awful. The worst part about it is I pretty much consider American football as if you're good, you're good. It's entirely possible some of the young guys on the team are just busts.

Seriously, after I was able to turn that game off, collect myself, and remember this game was on, I was very pleasantly surprised, especially with seeing that Dennis started out in a pass mode. If it weren't for Wade going absolutely bonkers this would have been stupidly bad by Cleveland. I liked what I saw from Isaiah Taylor a lot, and John Collins is having some pretty bad luck at the rim.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, marco102 said:

Man,  I'm loving watching the young talent on this team.  Even when they lose I'm looking for improvement in our young core.  Hopefully they can save some of this for Boston!!

I've watched more Hawks basketball this season than I have for the last 2 seasons.  It's exciting to watch a young team develop and knowing that one lottery pick could make us the next powerhouse in the East in a 3-5 years.  No expectations and there is no possible way this team could let me down this year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I've watched more Hawks basketball this season than I have for the last 2 seasons.  It's exciting to watch a young team develop and knowing that one lottery pick could make us the next powerhouse in the East in a 3-5 years.  No expectations and there is no possible way this team could let me down this year.

We’re gonna need a star player via savvy trade or FA acquisition to go along with that lottery homerun to team up with Menace/Printz/Baptist in order to be contenders. But it’s definitely doable.

Hopefully as Collins gets stronger and more experience he'll be able to convert around the basket at a much higher rate. It's unreal how many point blank shots he's missed so far. I'd also like to see him pull the trigger on more of those mid-range chances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hazer said:

We’re gonna need a star player via savvy trade or FA acquisition to go along with that lottery homerun to team up with Menace/Printz/Baptist in order to be contenders. But it’s definitely doable.

This is the target . . . . or targets

Image result for klay thompson

Image result for draymond green

Image result for mick jagger tongue out

Well, maybe not Mick.  Just trying to keep the "tongue out" theme going.

But Schlenk will probably throw max dollars at one of those two Warriors.  Durant's deal expires at the same time as Klay's.    With Steph locked up long term, it will be interesting to see what the Warriors do in relation to Durant and Klay.  I think what they'll do, is sell off Iggy and Livingston at the end of this season, to free up a little more money to sign both Durant and Klay,

The kicker will be Draymond at the end of the 2010 season.  If Curry, Durant, and Klay are 30 - 50 million dollar players, that may open the door for a team to offer the Brinks truck to Draymond.  That may be the Hawks play in 3 years, if they haven't secured a big time talent yet.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is the target . . . . or targets

Image result for klay thompson

Image result for draymond green

Image result for mick jagger tongue out

Well, maybe not Mick.  Just trying to keep the "tongue out" theme going.

But Schlenk will probably throw max dollars at one of those two Warriors.  Durant's deal expires at the same time as Klay's.    With Steph locked up long term, it will be interesting to see what the Warriors do in relation to Durant and Klay.  I think what they'll do, is sell off Iggy and Livingston at the end of this season, to free up a little more money to sign both Durant and Klay,

The kicker will be Draymond at the end of the 2010 season.  If Curry, Durant, and Klay are 30 - 50 million dollar players, that may open the door for a team to offer the Brinks truck to Draymond.  That may be the Hawks play in 3 years, if they haven't secured a big time talent yet.

I think if golden state has to choose between Klay and Green, they'll have to let Klay go. And we will have the cap space to sign him out right or the assets to make a trade. I think Klay will be a hawk next season. I know... Wishful thinking... 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This won't be popular, but if we sign Klay Thompson to a max deal, this team will top out similar to the Joe Johnson Hawks.  Klay is very good, but he's not the caliber of player that Curry, Durant....etc....are.  A max deal for him is a big overpay.

This is true but it at least solves 1 problem.  Bud won't be able to justify playing 2 point guards together since we'll have so many competent w guards on the roster.. oh wait he can always move Thompson to the 3 or 4 so never mind.:hmm:

A max for Thompson would not be overpay when everyone and their mama is getting max these days. Klay has been averaging 20+ each season and that’s with having to share the ball with other superstars. He is a top 15 player in this league and top 5  two way player in the NBA.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Klay can't be your best guy.  If you draft someone who becomes a superstar and have Dennis continuing to improve, Prince developed into a solid starter wing, Bembry a D/ballhandler off the bench, Thompson pouring points at the 2 and Collins at an All-Star level then you can dream big.

If Klay is your best guy and whoever we drafted is a #3 type of player ala Horford or Joe then you won't be winning rings.  Gotta have the engine if you want to win the race.

• Like 4

Not sure why so many people here are down on Klay. He's been their best player this season, and sure it's early and all, but it's not like Klay hasn't been great his whole career, on both sides of the ball. He's been their best perimeter defender and best shooter for a while. Dude is a stud and if we even have a chance  to get him, we pay him whatever he wants. 

• Like 1