• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

The two point guard line ups are in place because of the need to have a secondary ball handler in the line up, particularly with Bembry out for a while with the wrist/carpal fracture.  This is also why you see Baze taxed with extra creation responsibility when he would be much better off in the role he played two years ago.  As we go forward, we will probably see more line ups with Taylor and Schröder on the floor together.  

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, KB21 said:

This won't be popular, but if we sign Klay Thompson to a max deal, this team will top out similar to the Joe Johnson Hawks.  Klay is very good, but he's not the caliber of player that Curry, Durant....etc....are.  A max deal for him is a big overpay.

You are right...  It's not popular. 

The only thing that was wrong with the Joe Johnson era is that we never was able to put the right star beside him... with the right coach.

Imagine if we had Joe, Horf, and Bud.  there would not have been the offense killing IsoJoe.

Now fast forward to Klay.  Klay is a better defender and shooter than Joe was.  You put him with Young Collins and whoever else we get and we have a team.  I don't think Isoschro is the right PG to go with Klay.  I would like to see us move on a better passer/DEFENDER.

I don't think Bud can coach Bigs so I'm not so worried about who has the 5 spot... but that 3 spot has Prince now and that could work. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Klay can't be your best guy.  If you draft someone who becomes a superstar and have Dennis continuing to improve, Prince developed into a solid starter wing, Bembry a D/ballhandler off the bench, Thompson pouring points at the 2 and Collins at an All-Star level then you can dream big.

If Klay is your best guy and whoever we drafted is a #3 type of player ala Horford or Joe then you won't be winning rings.  Gotta have the engine if you want to win the race.

Disagree strongly.  Not long ago, I'm sure you would have argued the same about Steph... i.e.  Steph can' t be your best guy.  

The League has changed since we had Joe.  Moreover, our lineups with Joe were Woody Lineups who didn't care about offense and let there be IsoJoe and Shootemup Shorty... Josh Smith.   Better coaching could have led to better results. 

51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You are right...  It's not popular. 

The only thing that was wrong with the Joe Johnson era is that we never was able to put the right star beside him... with the right coach.

Imagine if we had Joe, Horf, and Bud.  there would not have been the offense killing IsoJoe.

Now fast forward to Klay.  Klay is a better defender and shooter than Joe was.  You put him with Young Collins and whoever else we get and we have a team.  I don't think Isoschro is the right PG to go with Klay.  I would like to see us move on a better passer/DEFENDER.

I don't think Bud can coach Bigs so I'm not so worried about who has the 5 spot... but that 3 spot has Prince now and that could work. 

Steph Curry isn't the best defender and he fits just fine with Klay.

I'm not on the sign Klay bandwagon. He just doesn't fit the Hawks timeline as far as when this team will be good. Give me Giannis or that unicorn in New York!

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm not on the sign Klay bandwagon. He just doesn't fit the Hawks timeline as far as when this team will be good. Give me Giannis or that unicorn in New York!

Well yeah if Giannis or Porzingis become available, of course. But neither Milwaukee nor New York needs to part with either of them, whereas golden state will most likely have to choose between Klay and Green. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Well yeah if Giannis or Porzingis become available, of course. But neither Milwaukee nor New York needs to part with either of them, whereas golden state will most likely have to choose between Klay and Green. 

Porzingis isn't signing an extension with New York though.  He's pretty fed up, and there are reports that he will take less overall money to leave than sign a max deal to stay.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Porzingis isn't signing an extension with New York though.  He's pretty fed up, and there are reports that he will take less overall money to leave than sign a max deal to stay.

He'd be a FOOL to leave New York, with the way he's playing.  The endorsement money he could get alone per year, could surpass the NBA contract he signs for.  When you're the best White player in the league . . AND . . possibly a top 10 player . . AND . . you play in the media market of the world . . AND . . your game has some "swag" to it . . he could make a killing.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He'd be a FOOL to leave New York, with the way he's playing.  The endorsement money he could get alone per year, could surpass the NBA contract he signs for.  When you're the best White player in the league . . AND . . possibly a top 10 player . . AND . . you play in the media market of the world . . AND . . your game has some "swag" to it . . he could make a killing.

He can make a killing a lot of places.  I'd want to get away from James Dolan.  Badly.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, marco102 said:

He Just fits with Klay?? 

This dude shooting from Half court changed the damn game and it had nothing to do with Klay.  He won the MVP because this dude would bring the ball up and pull up from halfcourt if defenses wasn't on him.  How does that fit with Klay??  He, by himself, made teams stop playing Zone against the warriors.  Not to mention his handles that embarrassed the likes of Chris Paul...  Chris Paul has fallen a tier since Curry abused him. 

Come on man. 

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

He Just fits with Klay?? 

This dude shooting from Half court changed the damn game and it had nothing to do with Klay.  He won the MVP because this dude would bring the ball up and pull up from halfcourt if defenses wasn't on him.  How does that fit with Klay??  He, by himself, made teams stop playing Zone against the warriors.  Not to mention his handles that embarrassed the likes of Chris Paul...  Chris Paul has fallen a tier since Curry abused him. 

Come on man. 

You said Klay needed to be paired with a passer and Defender. U just refuted yourself in this post.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, marco102 said:

You said Klay needed to be paired with a passer and Defender. U just refuted yourself in this post.

What I was getting at is that Klay does not need to be paired with a non-defense playing PG who Hogs the Ball and has a me first attitude. 

#DS17

vor 57 Minuten, Diesel sagte:

What I was getting at is that Klay does not need to be paired with a non-defense playing PG who Hogs the Ball and has a me first attitude. 

#DS17

I don't really see how your Dennis narrative is fitting the past games Dennis has played in. He tries to get anyone involved atm. Only time he goes me first is the last 2 minutes or when nobody hits a shot/he can abuse his defender. 

I don't understand people who are still denying that Dennis is indeed one of the top point guards in the east atm. There is no room for criticising his play atm. 

Come back when he is playing towards your narrative because for now you don't make sense

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I don't really see how your Dennis narrative is fitting the past games Dennis has played in. He tries to get anyone involved atm. Only time he goes me first is the last 2 minutes or when nobody hits a shot/he can abuse his defender. 

I don't understand people who are still denying that Dennis is indeed one of the top point guards in the east atm. There is no room for criticising his play atm. 

Come back when he is playing towards your narrative because for now you don't make sense

Stahhp with all these facts!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

#DS17

I knew exactly what you were getting at. I just don't understand how you can't root for a Hawks player to succeed, but I know no matter if Dennis averaged 30pts and 15assists a game he'll never be good enough for you. No idea why, but to each their own.

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

Since the Cavs thread is still up top.. another poster.

Something about “that kind of party” and “in the mashed potatoes”, or something like that.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Do you deny that his defense is weak?

You say he gets assists... So does Derrick Rose but that doesn't mean that his assists leads to anything.