• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

17 minutes ago, ISO said:

PG is a position we dont have to worry about anytime soon that is for sure.

Tatum plays so under control and makes smart decisions for a 19 year old. Prince still makes too many dumb decisions that I am jelous of what celtics have in Tatum.

Top 5 pick. 

• Like 1

This is the only loss I'm disappointed in.  I truly hate every Boston sports team.  However, this team is so freaking fun to watch.  The ball movement and Dennis is growing into one of the top guards right before our eyes.  TP had an off game, Baze was turrible, JC wasn't too good today, but he's been excellent.  Just keep the young core growing and get that top draft pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO . . . Nique killing Marcus Smart.

"With a name like Smart, you'd think he make better decisions".

And ya'll clown Nique for his commentary.  He's been gold tonight.

That's a low-hanging fruit and he stumbled into it. "That was not a smart play by Smart. *light bulb explodes in head* With a name like Smart..."

• Like 1

A few tweaks and we could’ve won.  Maybe a DNP for Collins.  His first trip to the G-League should be all about “not fouling!!!!!”  That boy never saw a pump fake he didn’t bite on.

28 minutes for Delaney is insane but those two late threes were huge/impossible, let alone the one Baze hit.  Maybe take a chance on Dorsey being a plus in short minutes.  

Can’t even knock Ded for that blown layup, that was one of his best games as a pro I’m sure.  I’m anxious to see what Plumlee can offer since I’m not as familiar with him as many here who don’t give a damn one way or another.

This season is shaping up great: entertaining ball leading to a top 3 pick.  Such a better pace without Illy and Moose.   

Gotta tip your hat to Al (only player standing with a positive +/- in every game) and the nuclear weapon known as Kyrie.  Dennis did most of his damage versus poor Shane Larkin, Irving did a great job of corralling him within a team concept and forcing him to under 50% and only one trip to the line in conjunction with Smart the walking Schlong. Dude has taken a big leap as a team player and defender.  Of course it’s still early but Tatum’s value makes Fultz look like a catastrophic mistake.  Many see promise in Rozier but I don’t.

Edited by benhillboy

A fun thing to mention is that even with as weak as our rotation is especially without Ersan and Bembry available we played two good games in a row and Moose missed those two games in a row. So no matter how few bodies we have I believe we're better without Moose minutes period. Agree with Marco about hating everything Boston in sports but at least the floor wasn't mopped with our jerseys and especially by those Green guys. Maybe by the next time we meet we'll be having better showings like this game pretty often. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

28 minutes for Delaney is insane but those two late threes were huge/impossible, let alone the one Baze hit.  Maybe take a chance on Dorsey being a plus in short minutes.  

Delaney even looked decent on defense, and he wasn't losing his man like he usually does. I'd still prefer to see Isaiah as the BU PG. In fact, maybe Delaney looked better because he didn't have to control the ball so much. Maybe Baze should also try not handling the ball so much, I don't know what jackass told him that he was a good ball handler, but he's obviously delusional about how much he can do with the ball in his hands. He could honestly be a pretty good to above average 3&D guy, but he just wants to do too much.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

This season is shaping up great: entertaining ball leading to a top 3 pick.  Such a better pace without Illy and Moose.   

Who would have thought....that Babbitt would be the better player so far between him, Illy and Moose. Luke freaking Babbitt...I don't think I've ever had so much fun watching a team lose. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, benhillboy said:

The past 6 quarters have been as entertaining as possible from the worst record in the East.  We’re mixing in a better team game around Dennis doing his thing than they are around Kyrie.

Taylor Gang just got a knack for finishing.  That one slow down finish on the break looked Wade-like, then he gets the soft bounce on the short jumper like Dennis.  

It’s safe to say Dedmon is one of the better PNR Bigs.

Babbitt and Belli lively and confident in the shot.

Collins will get it together.

And somebody ask Nique who the hell is Uncle Buck.

So true.  What makes it entertaining is that a loss hurts a little less this year.  Let's be honest, had the Hawks lost this game in the past 10 years there would be a lot of players, coaches, and referees being thrown under the bus right now.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, DS5 said:

Maybe Baze should also try not handling the ball so much, I don't know what jackass told him that he was a good ball handler, but he's obviously delusional about how much he can do with the ball in his hands. He could honestly be a pretty good to above average 3&D guy, but he just wants to do too much.

:Bud: Who are you to call me a jackass????

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DS5 said:

Delaney even looked decent on defense, and he wasn't losing his man like he usually does. I'd still prefer to see Isaiah as the BU PG. In fact, maybe Delaney looked better because he didn't have to control the ball so much.

True dat.  Much more comfortable/ better off the ball.