Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Reggie is rewarding his team so far with a career-best 7.9 assists per-36. He is showing better decision-making within the perimeter as well, shooting much better than his troublesome 44.2 2FG% from last season, while producing his lowest turnover rate (13.3 TO%) as a starting ballhandler.

This is of more of a major concern for John Wall  (we all know why) than the Hawks though we can't be too comfortable either. How long can Collins stay on the floor tonight is a bigger question for me. A battle in the paint you know with lots of bruises expected.

• Like 1

I still say this Hawks team is much better to watch than last year's team.  The Hawks are keeping these games close.  Like I said in the chat, they are starting to look like a team that can win some games later in the season, unless they trade some players away.  Hoping Baze can keep this up to get his trade value up!

43 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I still say this Hawks team is much better to watch than last year's team.  The Hawks are keeping these games close.  Like I said in the chat, they are starting to look like a team that can win some games later in the season, unless they trade some players away.  Hoping Baze can keep this up to get his trade value up!

It's only because you have no expectations for this team, so good efforts = better to watch, even if they don't win.  They played well in the 2nd half.  Too bad they couldn't close the deal in the end.

This time last year, however, we had our 6 game winning streak broken to go 9 - 3.  We were raving about how well our bench was playing, especially guys like Moose and Hardaway Jr.  And I believe we were 2nd in the East behind Cleveland.  Unfortunately, that would be the first loss in a 10 out of 11 loss slide that would put us 10 - 12 by the beginning of December.

So let's see if this year's team can turn it around, and at least be 8 - 14 after 22 games . . instead of a potential 4 - 18 with "good" losses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's only because you have no expectations for this team, so good efforts = better to watch, even if they don't win.  They played well in the 2nd half.  Too bad they couldn't close the deal in the end.

This time last year, however, we had our 6 game winning streak broken to go 9 - 3.  We were raving about how well our bench was playing, especially guys like Moose and Hardaway Jr.  And I believe we were 2nd in the East behind Cleveland.  Unfortunately, that would be the first loss in a 10 out of 11 loss slide that would put us 10 - 12 by the beginning of December.

So let's see if this year's team can turn it around, and at least be 8 - 14 after 22 games . . instead of a potential 4 - 18 with "good" losses.

That team played more ugly is the issue. This team plays like Brooklyn last year where we do it the right way, just don't got the right talent. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That team played more ugly is the issue. This team plays like Brooklyn last year where we do it the right way, just don't got the right talent. 

Defense is what separates this year's team from last year's.  If all people want is good ball movement and no defense, the 2017 Hawks are the team to watch.  Going from 4th in defense to 25th in defense, is the main reason why we're the worst team in the NBA right now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Give me the good losses. If we wanted to be mediocre we would have kept last year's team. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Defense is what separates this year's team from last year's.  If all people want is good ball movement and no defense, the 2017 Hawks are the team to watch.  Going from 4th in defense to 25th in defense, is the main reason why we're the worst team in the NBA right now.

Kinda hard to play good defense when you run 4 guards and Collins for long stretches.

• Like 2