• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, django2341 said:

I think we actually play nearly to good to tank lol. We could have won 5 games with ease even with this Team. Remember 4 Rotation guys are out as well. I´m good with tanking this year but i can see this Team going to the Playoffs earlier than you think. (means: next year) 

Our defense is trash and our offense lulls too long. This is like Brooklyn last year. No real difference. 

27 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He can do that, but can't play Dedmon and Collins together longer than 2 minutes.   That 3 PG lineup irritates the hell out of me.

The reason Bud doesn't play Dedmon and Collins together for long stretches is because they both  have a tendency to foul a lot.  If both our decent  centers are in foul trouble, you'll be playing Moose and god knows what for tons of minutes.  

I'll pass on that.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Collins and Dedmon lineup is good.  But until both can prove they aren't foul prone, you can not play them a ton of minutes together.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Our defense is trash and our offense lulls too long. This is like Brooklyn last year. No real difference. 

The real difference is Brooklyn didn't own their own draft pick.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Because we had a lot of success with this strategy before. I see, we got to the ECF with a bunch of lottery picks we drafted ourselves. I would think the Hawks drafted Ferry and Bud as well.

Someone here is living in an alternate universe.

We struggled against the Nets before getting swept in the ECF by a team missing 2 All Stars. Sorry, that's not quite championship contention. And that was our peak 3 years ago. 

• Like 2

So, we are somehow going to eliminate the developmental process these players will have to go through and make the playoffs after just adding a couple of more players?  When is the last time a team full of guys in their first 3 years of the NBA made the playoffs?

When's the last time the East has looked this weak?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

We've been down the road of just reupping an old core with declining results too.  That can end up in the lottery by accident but with a bloated payroll and a lack of young talent.

Sure. but really, I don't care about the bloated payroll since it's not my money. And by the way, how is 30M for Sap worse than 15M for Baze? These guys just don't know what they're doing.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Sure. but really, I don't care about the bloated payroll since it's not my money. And by the way, how is 30M for Sap worse than 15M for Baze? These guys just don't know what they're doing.

Baze is a terrible, terrible decision.  I blasted that from the moment he was resigned -- not from the moment he started sucking.

It is now a sunk cost and doesn't license more bad decisions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

When's the last time the East has looked this weak?

The east doesn't look weak this year. All of the teams I predicted to take a leap last year actually took one this year. 

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Who looks good? The Pistons being at #2 doesn't look good to me.

They are playing really good Basketball. They're getting excellent bench production. They are rebounding extremely well and those things that killed them, Drummond's FT shooting is a strength. Their biggest plus move was adding Bradley over KCP. He knows how to play within a system, has PG skills and can defend 1-2 while not taking risk allowing for Reggie Jackson and Ish Smith to play their games without having so much defensive responsibility. 

Don't underestimate the value of that. 

They are playing really good Basketball. They're getting excellent bench production. They are rebounding extremely well and those things that killed them, Drummond's FT shooting is a strength. Their biggest plus move was adding Bradley over KCP. He knows how to play within a system, has PG skills and can defend 1-2 while not taking risk allowing for Reggie Jackson and Ish Smith to play their games without having so much defensive responsibility. 

Don't underestimate the value of that. 

They are solid, but they aren't contenders by any stretch of the imagination. The Magic are number 3 and they haven't improved that much either.

Just now, nathan2331 said:

They are solid, but they aren't contenders by any stretch of the imagination. The Magic are number 3 and they haven't improved that much either.

Who said they were contenders? Orlando has tremendously improved. Augustin brought sound PG play, their horrendous bench has turned into a strength with some FA gets like Simmons and good drafting like Issac as well as improvement from Vucci, Evan and Gordon. 

Who said they were contenders? Orlando has tremendously improved. Augustin brought sound PG play, their horrendous bench has turned into a strength with some FA gets like Simmons and good drafting like Issac as well as improvement from Vucci, Evan and Gordon. 

My original point was the East was weak, these teams have improved, but they still aren't that good.