• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

(Un)Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

doc-austin-rivers-123016-getty-ftrjpg_hs

"Stop listening to your mom... for the last time, it's stuffing, not dressing!"

On the road, and no time for scintillating pregame coverage of the Doc Rivers Coaching Job Preservation Project Los Angeles Clippers' visit to The Highlight Factory to face your Atlanta Hawks (7:30 PM Eastern, Fox Sports Southeast and 92.9 FM in ATL, Fox Sports Prime Ticket), so it's up to you folks to Talk Turkey!

Winding down a road trip in Atlanta and Sacramento, the Clippers (5-11) are trying not to lose ten straight. The Hawks (3-14) are just flat-out trying.

Oh yeah, and this little news giblet. Is there a Doc in the house?

and one more important item... youth shall do the serving!

Go Johnny Bap! Happy Thanksgiving! and Let's Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Go Johnny Bap! Happy Thanksgiving! and Let's Go Hawks!

~lw3

And there it is folks! He will henceforth be known as Johnny Bap. Thank you LW3.

• Like 3

Thank you for a massive bout of common sense there coach Bud. We all have been waiting not so patiently.

Mike Budenholzer indicates John Collins will get his first NBA start tonight. The rookie joins Dewayne Dedmon and Taurean Prince in the frontcourt.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Thank you for a massive bout of common sense there coach Bud. We all have been waiting not so patiently.

Mike Budenholzer indicates John Collins will get his first NBA start tonight. The rookie joins Dewayne Dedmon and Taurean Prince in the frontcourt.

He'll pull him after 5 minutes to sub in Moose like he did with Horford for years.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He'll pull him after 5 minutes to sub in Moose like he did with Horford for years.

the HAVE to do that if Collins keep fouling people at his current rate . I hope he can’t stay out of foul trouble and play 30+ minutes tonight.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, pimp said:

the HAVE to do that if Collins keep fouling people at his current rate . I hope he can’t stay out of foul trouble and play 30+ minutes tonight.

Still a few Collins taking shots at Collin.  Collins played 35 minutes against the Spurs sir.

47 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Still a few Collins taking shots at Collin.  Collins played 35 minutes against the Spurs sir.

Or maybe you are just a wee bit overly sensitive about Collins.
The guy  leads the NBA in fouls. That is not taking a shot, that's stating a fact.
And , for the record , i want Collins to start. I wanted him to start day 1 on opening night.
He's my favorite player on the team.

Edited by pimp
  • Like 2

That last 4 minutes of the half was some of the nicest basketball on both sides, that I've seen all year.  The chemistry that Dennis and Collins already have, is great to see.

And the other thing that's happening when you have 2 big men who can run pick and roll with Dennis, is guys like Baze and Beli can get open shots without having to force the issue.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

Just now, DBac said:

This year's Hawks team is so much more fun than last year's team.

Expectations are very low, so people can just sit back and watch their favorite player play.  Last year's squad would lock this team up defensively and win by 15.  Bud was silly to refuse to play Collins and Dedmon beside each other, until injuries forced his hand.  

43 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Expectations are very low, so people can just sit back and watch their favorite player play.  Last year's squad would lock this team up defensively and win by 15.  Bud was silly to refuse to play Collins and Dedmon beside each other, until injuries forced his hand.  

Even then, I prefer watching this to Paul Millsap's postup game. Love Paul though.

• Like 1

No matter how you feel about Bud as a coach, or how much talent is on the team, or the tanking/no tanking stuff, he needs to throw away his perimeter defensive scheme completely and come up with something different. Teams have long adjusted to it since really after the long win streak ended.

• Like 1