• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

We ain’t gonna ever be sh@t with a different player getting injured every other game and practice.  Fancy Emory training facilities, Herschel Walker conditioning regimens, and Tom Brady eating ain’t got nothing on bad luck.  As important as any player during the 60 win campaign was extremely fortunate team health.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

This year feels and looks like its almost from scratch for us though we have generally been competitive so next year is a very big transition year with two rookies that will really count. Not expecting more than that being brought in to effect us majorly so soon but by midway next season we should have a much better preview of whats to come. Thinking our later two firsts might well be packaged to move up so as to have a couple of high quality first rounders. Tonights game shows we can compete but of course another injury occured and this one really counts. Two starters out now and neither one is Baze, gonna be rougher for a few. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

We ain’t gonna ever be sh@t with a different player getting injured every other game and practice.  Fancy Emory training facilities, Herschel Walker conditioning regimens, and Tom Brady eating ain’t got nothing on bad luck.  As important as any player during the 60 win campaign was extremely fortunate team health.

And all that injury good luck came to a stop right before the playoffs that year. If we had Thabo, Horford, Korver, DMC all healthy in the playoffs who knows what might have happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

That 13 win Hawks team looked way worse than this team, but with all these injuries, the results will be the same. 15-20 wins max. Losing Dedmon and maybe Collins for the next month or two is going to hurt bad.

Not seeing to many second chance points in our near future. Prince is just about the only aggressive rebounder left.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Losing Dedmon and maybe Collins for the next month or two is going to hurt bad.

It is going to go from the default game being a competitive loss to something really ugly.  With all these injuries and Sap out for months himself, I'm not sure there was a path forward where we were going to have a good season.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is going to go from the default game being a competitive loss to something really ugly.  With all these injuries and Sap out for months himself, I'm not sure there was a path forward where we were going to have a good season.

I agree. This NBA season has been riddled with injuries. Lucky the league's depth has improved. 

48 minutes ago, hawkman said:

That 13 win Hawks team looked way worse than this team, but with all these injuries, the results will be the same. 15-20 wins max. Losing Dedmon and maybe Collins for the next month or two is going to hurt bad.

The results are only gonna be the same due to the level of quality in the NBA at this time. That squad would be the worst team ever in today's NBA but that squad wouldn't have such a poor selection of talent to choose from if they were here today  

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

I'm pretty sure we'll be a lot better on the defensive end next year. 

More often than not effort is the issue. For example forgetting to close out on the weak side after the ball transfers all the way over.

I think Bud won't really call it out in this tanking season. Next year otoh he'll be way harsher with such easy errors

I think it'll be better too, because Collins will have a year under his belt and Marco/Babbit/Ersan etc probably won't be around.