• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

My complaint about Dennis will always be his varying effort levels and inability to get to the line. He basically has to be hot to contribute, as tonight showed when he shot 8-10 for 17 points in the first half and finished with 19 points on 9-17 shooting. 1 free throw tonight, and it was a technical after Crabbe tossed the ball across the court in garbage time. Those are issues that he's had all throughout his career.

Unless you're Steph Curry, it's hard to be a top guard without drawing fouls

• Like 3

vor 31 Minuten, Lurker sagte:

The third quarter was basically the summary of why a lot of people do not like Dennis and his value is very low around the league. it doesn't matter the kind of team, he has a lazy attitude and tries when he wants to, and he decided to pack it in for the 3rd quarter.

Usually there are 5 guys on the court. If 4 people can't buy a bucket all game long and the pressure lies solely on one player it is pretty common that he can't handle it all game long. 

It was great what he made out of the difficult looks in the first half. Second half he missed. Anybody missed. What's the point in blaming schröder

• Like 4

What about Prince and Baze? 

Those are guys who have to contribute this season. They should be leading players. I blame them for playing abysmal every game. Prince sucks. Its official. His BB IQ is below a cucumbers. I tell you now he wouldn't even score on a fastbreak if he had a free lane. He'd probably run into an official or fumble it somehow.

Baze sucks Prince sucks Plumlee sucks Ilyasova usually is alright but sucked today so why the hell they blame Dennis, the only guy shooting alright/good splits and not making a dumb play every time he gets the ball in his hands?

Edited by StephenHawking

9 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Usually there are 5 guys on the court. If 4 people can't buy a bucket all game long and the pressure lies solely on one player it is pretty common that he can't handle it all game long. 

It was great what he made out of the difficult looks in the first half. Second half he missed. Anybody missed. What's the point in blaming schröder

I'm not blaming Schröder, I'm saying the reason why NBA people thinks he sucks and wouldn't have much better of an opinion even if he was on a good team.

By no means was tonight's loss Dennis' fault. Just saying when evaluating for the future he has some major warts that need to be worked out so that he can take another step.

Baze is written off completely. Everybody knows he sucks. Prince went to the Bazemore school of trying to do too much too. He thinks he's a much better offensive player than he is, should be modeling his game after guys like Covington, Ariza etc. but he wants to be Paul George.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

And that was Dennis. Still somehow people on the board blame him the most for our play tonight. 

Dennis = -19 for 2 nite. What’s not 2 love?  Taking tanking to a new level. Delaney was a+ 2nite. Somebody needs to have a talk with him. 

19 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

This is exactly what I said to Northcyde why Atlanta fans don't like Dennis. Their biggest issue is he can only only handle average NBA player responsibility. Not average NBA starter but player. The bigger problem is outside of Baze, no one has shown consistency to handle for responsibility this season and Baze makes so many inopportune and bad decisions that it hinders the higher level of responsibility he has. This is why we are a terrible team. Not because of coaching or execution, it's because of responsibility handling is the most critical aspect of the NBA for a collective.

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm not blaming Schröder, I'm saying the reason why NBA people thinks he sucks and wouldn't have much better of an opinion even if he was on a good team.

I think Dennis is a talented player. He is a very talented player but he's literally going to be the product of players around him than anything else. Dennis would be looking like an All-Star if he replaced IT in Cleveland. He would fit around the talent they have well. If you let Dennis play to his strengths and hide his weaknesses, you got a pretty good player. Dennis as he is right now, is so-so. 

• Like 1

What's the problem y'all, the tank is back on track! We did well to score 90 points without having a proper big man. Saturday's win was a fluke, the Nets couldn't stay in front of anybody, but tonight they made their adjustments so credit to them.

The Dennis criticism is borderline irrational to me, what's he supposed to do with a G-league starting lineup as his bench, and some rotational guys as starters? He's one of the few players om the team capable of getting their own shot and he's been one of the best players in the league doing it. That's more than enough for me, even if he was playing terribly how could you hold it against him? He's better than Teague was for us (who was a good PG) and for the money we gave that's great return.

Prince has looked poor, but I do appreciate him trying to make plays out there, to see if he can be more than just a 3-D guy. We know what his floor is, we might as well use this season to discover more about his ceiling. He might never be a superstar but he could develop into a legitimate 2 way threat, capable of dropping 20+ every now and then, taking pressure off other teammates. It looks ugly now, but it might pay off in the future.

The reality is, we need to be focused on our draft pick. There are a few guys we may possibly end up with that could be the franchise talisman we've lacked for years, and other talented individuals that could become great players outside the top 5.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

What's the problem y'all, the tank is back on track! We did well to score 90 points without having a proper big man. Saturday's win was a fluke, the Nets couldn't stay in front of anybody, but tonight they made their adjustments so credit to them.

The Dennis criticism is borderline irrational to me, what's he supposed to do with a G-league starting lineup as his bench, and some rotational guys as starters? He's one of the few players om the team capable of getting their own shot and he's been one of the best players in the league doing it. That's more than enough for me, even if he was playing terribly how could you hold it against him? He's better than Teague was for us (who was a good PG) and for the money we gave that's great return.

Prince has looked poor, but I do appreciate him trying to make plays out there, to see if he can be more than just a 3-D guy. We know what his floor is, we might as well use this season to discover more about his ceiling. He might never be a superstar but he could develop into a legitimate 2 way threat, capable of dropping 20+ every now and then, taking pressure off other teammates. It looks ugly now, but it might pay off in the future.

The reality is, we need to be focused on our draft pick. There are a few guys we may possibly end up with that could be the franchise talisman we've lacked for years, and other talented individuals that could become great players outside the top 5.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

And it's exactly why I started that Schröder Watch thread.  That dude has been playing at a pretty high level ever since the Washington playoff series, when he was pretty much the only dude who showed up.   This season, he's easily one of the top 5 PGs in the East, and arguably a top 10 PG in the NBA.   He literally has no offensive help.  Few people create shots for Dennis.  Considering the circumstances he's in, he's playing great basketball to me.  

If people can cheer on seeing the Hawks lose, to gain a top 5 pick, they can cheer for Dennis and overlook the infrequent lackluster performances.

• Like 2