• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks: The Big Payback!?!

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I just find it strange that posters give Bud credit for benching Moose and Delaney when they should not have been playing in the 1st place.  Heck Moose should not have been resigned.  Also It took injuries to the front court to even start Collins and now that Bud is starting to play the players posters encouraged him to play months ago somehow Bud is a genius for finally doing something us Mere mortals knew already.  In fact, Bud's line ups and substitutions were so bad, posters were questioning whether of not he was part of some grand conspiracy with Schlenk to get the number 1 pick in next year's draft.  Which is it?

How can you be so positive about most things and hate coach Bud?  The ONLY Coach to take the ATLANTA Hawks to the Eastern Conference finals.  As a Coach, you give your players chances to work their way out of slumps.  If you don't, they will have no faith in you and will not play hard for you. 

Bud is doing what you said and you're still hating on him. It's not like we are winning anything this year so he could still be playing Delaney and such, but he's not.

I guess you'd be happy if we had Mike Woodson again.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

Kent gets killed here (rightfully so) but I gotta big him up for being among the league leaders in steals.  Defending off the ball and disrupting passing lanes is arguably his biggest asset, good to see him excel.  Also Bellinelli for leading the league in FT shooting and Bap and Dead up there in shooting, both raw and effective.  

Watching this offense I can’t see how they’re rated so poorly (22nd).  We thought scoring would be a huge issue but the Hawks score one freaking point less than the best-recorded team in the league.  Golden State and Houston skew the stats with their gaudy averages but still.

I wanna see considerable efforts to boost rebounding, getting to the line, and defending the three in the offseason.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, marco102 said:

How can you be so positive about most things and hate coach Bud?  The ONLY Coach to take the ATLANTA Hawks to the Eastern Conference finals.  As a Coach, you give your players chances to work their way out of slumps.  If you don't, they will have no faith in you and will not play hard for you. 

Bud is doing what you said and you're still hating on him. It's not like we are winning anything this year so he could still be playing Delaney and such, but he's not.

I guess you'd be happy if we had Mike Woodson again.

Because it was his terrible personnel decisions that got us blown out in the conference finals