• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AmicoHoops: Travis wants a franchise player

NBASupes

• Premium Member

This discussion is unreal. Millsap is injured now and so is Hardaway. The only major piece from last year's team playing is Howard and he hasn't very good for his team so I don't know what the argument is! Are the 2 miserable arguing that we should have retained those players. Would those 2 feel better with Millsap and Hardaway on the shelf while losing? Would those 2 feel better if we had a better record and drafted a Superstar? Sounds like their ideal scenario is to draft someone above 10 and hope rather than below 10. I don't get it.

This discussion is unreal. Millsap is injured now and so is Hardaway. The only major piece from last yer's team playing is Howard and he hasn't very good for his team so I don't know what the argument is! Are the 2 miserable arguing that we should have retained those players. Would those 2 feel better with Millsap and Hardaway on the shelf while losing? Would those 2 feel better if we had a better record and drafted a Superstar? Sounds like their ideal scenario is to draft someone above 10 and hope rather than below 10. I don't get it.

I think they're concern is that by tanking we'll become the Sixers or Kings that haven't been in the playoffs in years. I've tried explaining why I think we'll be different but they don't care.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

I think they're concern is that by tanking we'll become the Sixers or Kings that haven't been in the playoffs in years. I've tried explaining why I think we'll be different but they don't care.

So they rather be the Mavs or Grizzlies?  Which is worst?  Bogged down with immovable contracts or flexibility?

So they rather be the Mavs or Grizzlies?  Which is worst?  Bogged down with immovable contracts or flexibility?

I don't know to be honest, I think they'd rather be the Raptors with no chance of contending than the Sixers who are on their way now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I don't know to be honest, I think they'd rather be the Raptors with no chance of contending than the Sixers who are on their way now.

How would last year's team be remotely as good as the Raptors???

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I'm referring to the idea of keeping the core together versus taking a dip to get some top of the lottery talent.

Yeah but there is a huge difference between keeping the Raptors and Wizards together vs keeping the Mavs and Grizzlies together

We were the Mavs and Grizzlies not the Raptors or Wizards

You're right about that, but the Raptors in my opinion should blow it up as well. If they didn't have the assets today to get Cousins or George in a trade they never will the next time a star is on the block.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

You're right about that, but the Raptors in my opinion should blow it up as well. If they didn't have the assets today to get Cousins or George in a trade they never will the next time a star is on the block.

It's a little extreme to blow up a relatively young core  who is currently the 3rd seed.  I wouldn't do it but to each its own...As far as the Hawks were concerned, our core was old last year especially Millsap.  It was only a matter of time before he started to decline.  Howard had already significantly declined.  It was time to move on.

• Like 2

It's a little extreme to blow up a relatively young core  who is currently the 3rd seed.  I wouldn't do it but to each its own...As far as the Hawks were concerned, our core was old last year especially Millsap.  It was only a matter of time before he started to decline.  Howard had already significantly declined.  It was time to move on.

I just don't see where they get any better. Derozan is who he is. Lowry is who he is. Valanciunas is a solid C but nothing more. Where's the improvement going to come from? If they're assets can't net them a star, I'd rather blow it up early than waste time like we've had to do.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I just don't see where they get any better. Derozan is who he is. Lowry is who he is. Valanciunas is a solid C but nothing more. Where's the improvement going to come from? If they're assets can't net them a star, I'd rather blow it up early than waste time like we've had to do.

But they are good already!  You can add to good!  But anyway, enough Raptor talk...I just think this debate about the Hawks doing anything else other than what they are doing is silly!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But they are good already!  You can add to good!  But anyway, enough Raptor talk...I just think this debate about the Hawks doing anything else other than what they are doing is silly!

There is nothing to do now. We are who we are and need a good ( great ) pick, a good ( great ) free agent, and a good ( great ) trade to get jump started again. Until we make that pick, signing, and trade, this is who we are. Like it or not.

You are correct in saying we are not the Raptors or the Wizards. We need a lot!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

This discussion is unreal. Millsap is injured now and so is Hardaway. The only major piece from last yer's team playing is Howard and he hasn't very good for his team so I don't know what the argument is! Are the 2 miserable arguing that we should have retained those players. Would those 2 feel better with Millsap and Hardaway on the shelf while losing? Would those 2 feel better if we had a better record and drafted a Superstar? Sounds like their ideal scenario is to draft someone above 10 and hope rather than below 10. I don't get it.

I've already done this. When you play this game with KB about what if injuries, he flips the script to: "But they weren't planning on sucking! Once the injuries happened, it just becomes a NATURAL down year!"

I see that someone doesn't think there is a difference in completely blowing your roster up and filling it with shit players and having a good team that has a down year due to injuries.  In one situation, you have to build everything from scratch.  In the other, you have a good team that you are adding a high draft pick to.  

But hey, some still think San Antonio intentionally tanked to get Tim Duncan to add him to David Robinson.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

But that's the problem.   Nobody understands progression. Some here would have blown up the Bulls after they lost to the Celtics or the Pistons. 

Ah, the ole "if you aren't winning a championship, you are accomplishing nothing and might as well lose every game" line.  I honestly expect that bullshit position to come out sooner than it did.  Because that's exactly what that opinion is.  Bullshit!