• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AmicoHoops: Travis wants a franchise player

NBASupes

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You don't see any progression when you're talking about LeBron James and specifics that you need going against them, even a healthy 14/15 Hawks is just merely a good team that accomplished nothing.

Even on Steroids, age and injury comes to everybody.  It doesn't mean that you throw in the towel. 

Ah, the ole "if you aren't winning a championship, you are accomplishing nothing and might as well lose every game" line.  I honestly expect that bullshit position to come out sooner than it did.  Because that's exactly what that opinion is.  Bullshit!

What have we accomplished the last 10 years? The last 20? We haven't been a real contender all this time, just some had some nice playoff appearances. I want the Hawks to win a title in my lifetime. We weren't going to get one signing Joe to a max, or Horford to a max, or by giving Millsap 30 mil. So yeah, losing every game this season might get us closer than where we've been. Maybe it doesn't work out in our favor, but I do know resigning Millsap would've gotten us nowhere

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

More Winshares.. Less actual contributions.

All Howard has contributed with his ***flashback!*** year is a whole bunch of Empty Stats, just like last year. So far he's made Charlotte worse than last year, and it's with him still motivated. Imagine when he's not, it's going to get bad bad baaaaaaddd.

14 hours ago, AHF said:

Did you guys know that Dedmon has more Win Shares this season than Millsap or Howard?  Just curious.

Don't tell KB21 this. He will start ranting about keeping Millsap and us making a run at the NBA Championship.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

I've been thrilled with the Dedmon signing and have liked his contributions on both ends of the floor.  Obviously, the injury hurts but I would love to keep him for future years somewhere close to this price.

Offensively, he has been great for spacing, set nice picks and done some cleanup.  Defensively, he has been extremely solid in both the PNR and interior defensive sets.  

I see real contributions from him this season.

I don't disagree.   I think he's a Center that would work for us.  However, I still don't buy into winshares.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I don't disagree.   I think he's a Center that would work for us.  However, I still don't buy into winshares.

I don't either Diesel. I remember a few seasons when Thabo, who was only getting about 20 minutes a game for OKC, had better win/shares than quite a few all-stars. In fact he was the mid round darling of KBs Dynasty Draft class every year just because of that.

Lesson I took from that: if you have Durant, Russell, and Serge winning games they will make you look like an all star in that stat; even if you are just a role player.

Now I also like the big man Dedmon and hope we can keep him for something reasonable.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I don't either Diesel. I remember a few seasons when Thabo, who was only getting about 20 minutes a game for OKC, had better win/shares than quite a few all-stars. In fact he was the mid round darling of KBs Dynasty Draft class every year just because of that.

Lesson I took from that: if you have Durant, Russell, and Serge winning games they will make you look like an all star in that stat; even if you are just a role player.

Now I also like the big man Dedmon and hope we can keep him for something reasonable.

Name the season and the All-Stars you are talking about.  Thabo averages less than .100 ws/48 for his career and fewer than 3.5 per season so I don't buy what you are saying.  He played a lot of seasons with OKC and didn't have exceptional numbers in any season.  He had a good number one year because he had a 617% ts% with a 48% fg% and 42% 3pt% while playing standout D which is pretty damn good.  Still wasn't close to All-Star level that year but you can understand why his rating was higher than his normal very pedestrian number.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Name the season and the All-Stars you are talking about.  Thabo averages less than .100 ws/48 for his career and fewer than 3.5 per season so I don't buy what you are saying.  He played a lot of seasons with OKC and didn't have exceptional numbers in any season.  He had a good number one year because he had a 617% ts% with a 48% fg% and 42% 3pt% while playing standout D which is pretty damn good.  Still wasn't close to All-Star level that year but you can understand why his rating was higher than his normal very pedestrian number.

Thabo's career best sorted by highest:

6.8, 4.5, 4.1, 4.1

Current win share players he would be beating out right now.

Clint Capella 3.7

Al Horford 3.7

Jason Tatum 3.7

KAT 3.7

Kevin Love 3.5

DeMar Derozan 3.4

Steven Adams 3.4

Andre Drummond 3.3

Kyle Lowry 3.2

Kenvin Durant 3.2

Kemba Walker 3.2

Kyrie Irving has had four seasons where he did not top 5.0 W/S., including this one as he is at 4.4. Kyrie is one of the leaders for MVP. Thabo must at least been a honorable mention for the all-star team during his best win/share runs, right? Can we say not as in never.

Link:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2018_leaders.html

• Like 1

• Moderators

So you are relying on half seasons and not comparing his WSs in a particular year against the All-Stars from that particular year?  Seriously, 82 game season versus 30 games of this year.  That is terrible math.

There are legit reasons to say that WS is not a perfect stat - there aren't any that are perfect.  But that is some terrible logic.