• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

I get all that, but I don't want this to be the date l start it a winning streak like the Bulls have gone on. Nothing is jeopardized by this win, but I don't want this to become a pivotal moment where we go from winning 20 games to 30+.

Won’t happen, Schlenkholzer will trade away Ilyasovavichkovchev and Belli at peak value to put a hault to that. I predicted 27 wins on the low side, they better not come close to that.

• Premium Member

Yeah, it looks like I might have underestimated the team's potential this season. Some of our pieces are playing well as of late and Schröder's play is good enough to keep them close most nights. Prince, Ilya and Belli shooting lights out will certainly win us some games. And Collins... yeah. He will be good. He would probably be better served with Millsap as a mentor, but still, he will be good.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Yeah, it looks like I might have underestimated the team's potential this season. Some of our pieces are playing well as of late and Schröder's play is good enough to keep them close most nights. Prince, Ilya and Belli shooting lights out will certainly win us some games. And Collins... yeah. He will be good. He would probably be better served with Millsap as a mentor, but still, he will be good.

I predicted 27 wins on the low end, let’s hope they don’t even sniff that...

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You seem pretty obsessed with the #1 pick in this year's draft.  Is there even a clear cut overall number 1 prospect?

Hahaaa, only ME?! I think most here are pretty interested in that overall #1 pick, not just me. And I wouldn’t call it obsessed. I reserve that language for Diesel’s agenda againt Schröder. Or yours against Coach Bud.

• Like 2

You seem pretty obsessed with the #1 pick in this year's draft.  Is there even a clear cut overall number 1 prospect?

There's a few guys who I think would have gone #1 last year (not considering fit). Ayton to me looks like a generational talent, Bamba could be a future DPOY candidate, Bagley could be a star, and Porter, Doncic and Young all have potentially elite offensive capabilities.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:
20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There's a few guys who I think would have gone #1 last year (not considering fit). Ayton to me looks like a generational talent, Bamba could be a future DPOY candidate, Bagley could be a star, and Porter, Doncic and Young all have potentially elite offensive capabilities.

Personally I'd rather get a defensive center than another offensive player

You want #1 no matter what since that ensures the team gets the player they like most. Even in a class with so many guys with an argument for #1 (well to me Luka is the only one with that claim but a lot disagree)

Edited by DBac

Personally I'd rather get a defensive center than another offensive player

If I had to rank them for the Hawks it'd be:

1. Ayton

2. Doncic

3. Bamba

4. Bagley

And I don't know if I'd bother with Porter or Young. Young is the worst defender in college at PG and I don't see him changing that in the NBA. With Porter's back injury I've lost most of my interest in him, however he should be returning soon, so we'll get a chance to see where he's at.

Has Bud turned over a new leaf in terms of allowing his guys to crash the offensive glass?  A team lacking in talent has to do so, nice to see them turned loose at a decent 19th rank.

Just salivating at the thought of Collins being the best value in the whole damn league in a couple years.  He’s gonna get AS consideration making $2.7 milly.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Has Bud turned over a new leaf in terms of allowing his guys to crash the offensive glass?  A team lacking in talent has to do so, nice to see them turned loose at a decent 19th rank.

HE also is starting to play with more size although he does put the midget squad in for far too long at the wrong time still

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

HE also is starting to play with more size although he does still put the midget swat in for far too long at the wrong time still

I wouldn’t mind a few minutes of “Twin Tower” action (or maybe just a duplex) with Plum inside and Dedmon working the PNP when he returns.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Brace yourselves, Wizards. Christy Winters-Scott is coming!

~lw3

Love how they put Gortat’s stat line up there as a caption.  When he got his first foul at the 11:43 mark I knew he was in for a long night.

I think last night was a prime example of how important culture is.  The Wiz got more than a few guys you could describe as “surly” or “questionable” in terms of character.  We only have one but he’s  quick as lightning, has a good jumper that I’m still too stupid to respect,  limiting turnovers everyday, and a helluva value.  John Wall without the muscles and money if you will.

I think the Kings might’ve signaled a change in their culture as well smacking the Cavs around last night.  Shout out to 89 YO Vince and Debo, getting half an inch off the ground now instead of a full one.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2