• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trader Trav: "Who Will Buy?"

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Dedmon could be one of the missing peaces for the cavs to beat the warriors.

Is there a good deal we could do with the cavs?

The Cavs won't win a game off the Warriors...In fact the Cavs may not get out of the East!  LOL!

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do we worry about such routine stuff here?

It is a matter of leverage.  Last summer Dedmon had so little interest from other teams that he signed for 6M.  Having him at a low $$ amount gives us cap space to use for lots of potential purposes. 

With his play this season and his player option to terminate his deal, this summer he might want double that and our failure to lock down that second year means we have to give up the cap space if we want to do it and means that if some other team wants him he can walk without us getting any value.  It also makes him less appealing in a trade this year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Personally, I want to keep him.  I like our odds of keeping him better after next year when we have added more talent and could be looking to shift into a winning phase of our rebuild.  I don't think we will be ready to make that shift this next season which makes keeping Dedmon more of a tenuous prospect.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Two things I didn't recognize until today.

* "HAWKSQUAWK" almost sounds the same when read backwards. This is what happens when you take a day off from doing game threads.

* From fooling around with ESPN's Real Plus-Minus doohickey... here are the five classified NBA "Shooting Guards" (out of 105 such players) who are on the positive side of the ledger for both Offensive AND Defensive RPM.

- Jimmy Butler (+3.90 ORPM, +1.57 DRPM)

- Victor Oladipo (+3.04, +2.02)

- Gary Harris (+2.89, +0.68)

- Jaylen Brown (+0.17, +1.68)

- Kent Bazemore (+0.49, +1.23)

Just in case any GMs are snooping around the KWAUQSKWAH.

~lw3

• Like 3

vor 3 Stunden, Peoriabird sagte:

The Cavs won't win a game off the Warriors...In fact the Cavs may not get out of the East!  LOL!

You really think there's a roster in the east that can compete with arguably the goat? 

What the Cavs missed in the finals was a big man who can crash the boards without being a nofactor anywhere else on the floor. He could cause serious damage simply because the warriors have nobody to guard him without giving up guarding other players.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

I think selling Dedmon depends on who we want to draft. If we draft Ayton I'd sell high on Dedmon now. If we get Doncic I'd try to hold on

We will not have the top pick in this year's draft. Our pick will be 4 or 5