• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trader Trav: "Who Will Buy?"

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, AHF said:

Personally, I want to keep him.  I like our odds of keeping him better after next year when we have added more talent and could be looking to shift into a winning phase of our rebuild.  I don't think we will be ready to make that shift this next season which makes keeping Dedmon more of a tenuous prospect.

Eggzactamundo. The perfect Hawks C going forward. Paired with Menace, Doncicci, Fresh Printz, and J-Bap.

5 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

I think selling Dedmon depends on who we want to draft. If we draft Ayton I'd sell high on Dedmon now. If we get Doncic I'd try to hold on

Bingo. Draft Doncicci and keep Dedmon Ain’t Walking...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

I think selling Dedmon depends on who we want to draft. If we draft Ayton I'd sell high on Dedmon now. If we get Doncic I'd try to hold on

I think it's the other way around tbh... Dedmon has the edge that Ayton lacks. That's exactly who he would be a great mentor for.

40 minutes ago, DBac said:

I think it's the other way around tbh... Dedmon has the edge that Ayton lacks. That's exactly who he would be a great mentor for.

I agree, you can keep Dedmon independent of who we draft. Ayton has a lot to learn about basketball and Dedmon would be a good mentor for him.  I'm concerned about Ayton's lack of consistent aggressiveness and assertiveness. However, he's 18 going on 19 and is still learning. If we get him, I hope that issue is cured by maturity.  

• Moderators
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Just imagine if we had Dwight right now.  Could we be pulling more in trade for him now?

We'll see if Charlotte gets calls for him.  I doubt it.  With Dwight, they have gone from a positive point differential last season to a negative one this year.  This year their shooting is worse from 2pt range and the line and they are simultaneously way down on assists while being way up on turnovers.  Defensively, they are giving up 1 full point more per game while being significantly down on steals and blocks.  Opponents have had a better FG% on 2pt shots and a huge 10% jump on free throws made.  On the plus side, Dwight has led to better rebounding.  It just doesn't seem to have improved the team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

We'll see if Charlotte gets calls for him.  I doubt it.  With Dwight, they have gone from a positive point differential last season to a negative one this year.  This year their shooting is worse from 2pt range and the line and they are simultaneously way down on assists while being way up on turnovers.  Defensively, they are giving up 1 full point more per game while being significantly down on steals and blocks.  Opponents have had a better FG% on 2pt shots and a huge 10% jump on free throws made.  On the plus side, Dwight has led to better rebounding.  It just doesn't seem to have improved the team.

Funnily enough, Charlotte has actually finally played to their "potential" over the last two games (including the one tonight). I'll give them props for it. If Charlotte was playing like this more with Dwight playing well (which from the way it looks, he was great today and in their last game), maybe it restores his rep but his rep is still as good as long gone.

Edited by Lurker

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Consider the post from purely a value perspective. Could we have gotten more long term value right now.

IF we're playing the game that Charlotte themselves has looked as good as they have all year in the last two games with Dwight playing well then absolutely YES.

But since they haven't, the answer at this moment is no. Sorry. It is yes though after the season when it becomes an expiring contract, you are correct...

Remember what he's viewed badly for today. Teams will look through the improved down and dirty stats with him (being pumped up by more possessions) and see how the team is doing and ask themselves "Has he really impacted the team in a positive way?" 

On 1/17/2018 at 1:59 PM, NBASupes said:

Probably not 

Lol, there was an article on realgm that said no one wants Charlottes bullshit

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248656/Hornets-Have-Tried-To-Trade-Nicolas-Batum-Dwight-Howard-Marvin-Williams-Kidd-Gilchrist

Edited by NBASupes

While the Charlotte Hornets are prepared to trade franchise cornerstone Kemba Walker, they previously made a number of other players available in trade talks.

League sources say the Hornets have explored trades involving Nicolas Batum, Dwight Howard, Marvin Williams and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but there was little interest from rival teams.

Batum is owed $100 million over four seasons while Howard has $47 million over two years, and Williams is owed $42 million over three years. Kidd-Gilchrist has $39 million over three years on his rookie scale extension.

We can't become them. poor Dwight!!! 

• Like 1

I have no ill will towards Dwight, but there was so much said about that trade that seemed so wrong to me (and many others). "Clifford is going to unleash the beast!" "The Hawks gave away an asset!" Well, here we are with Dwight performing worse across the board and the Hornets officially(ish) trying to blow everything up. The pick swap was strange to me at the time, but I guess if we end up flipping Marco for pick then we gained some value there. Hopefully there's enough cushion between us once the Bobcats return.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

:Schroder::Baze::Moose:

"Who will buy my sweet red roses? Two blooms for a penny!"

~schl3nk

More conjecture, this time from Kevin O'Connor at The Ringer...

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1/29/16944074/nba-trade-deadline-primer

The Raptors and Rockets both went all in at the 2017 deadline, dealing for Serge Ibaka and Lou Williams, respectively, but they don’t have first-round picks in the 2018 draft, which will make it harder to find a deal. Daryl Morey and Masai Ujiri are on the phones like they always are, but the path to a deal isn’t quite as clear as last season.

Sam Presti will encounter the same issue. Adding a production wing or forward was already a need for the Thunder, and losing Andre Roberson for the season with a ruptured patellar tendon on Saturday night underlines that weakness. They’d love to add a wing like Tyreke Evans, but they’ll likely have to settle for someone like Marco Belinelli, who isn’t a significant upgrade over their existing options.

Teams looking to make a splash should contact the Hawks.

As ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski previously reported, Kent Bazemore, Ersan Ilyasova, and Belinelli are on the block. Big man Mike Muscala has also generated light interest. Another name that could also be moved? Dennis Schröder.

Though Schröder is only 24, he’s not part of the Hawks’ long-term equation with his inconsistent, inefficient performance. However, any move involving Schröder is more likely to happen in the summer. As it stands, teams in need of a point guard may prefer to hold onto cap space for someone like Isaiah Thomas or Elfrid Payton or hope they can land Collin Sexton or Trae Young in the draft. But if they strike out, there will be more suitors in July than there are now. The Hawks are trying to reload for the next decade, and general manager Travis Schlenk will continue to reshape the roster to add fuel to their tank. The big question is whether coach Mike Budenholzer will want to stick around for a rebuild, especially after losing his front-office powers.

• Like 2