• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trader Trav: "Who Will Buy?"

lethalweapon3

I'm really curious about what teams would be willing to trade for Dennis. As talented as he is, it's hard to imagine a team going out of their way to acquire a 29% 3pt shooter who doesn't play much defense. He doesn't really fit the mold of a player that helps put your team over the top or a player that you want to build around.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, High5 said:

I'm really curious about what teams would be willing to trade for Dennis. As talented as he is, it's hard to imagine a team going out of their way to acquire a 29% 3pt shooter who doesn't play much defense. He doesn't really fit the mold of a player that helps put your team over the top or a player that you want to build around.

Watching his 3pt shooting decline over the last month or so has been painful. 

He has shot 26% from range in December and January.  :gtfo:

17 hours ago, High5 said:

Just because of his 3ball? I don’t believe that ...I think when you have a player like Dennis you play him to his strengths and right now the 3ball isn’t his strength, doesn’t mean you can’t use him effectively or that he can’t impact the game in a positive way.

as far as Dennis defense goes it’s clearly just an effort issue. No one on the hawks is trying to play defense therefore we can’t look and place blame on one man. This whole team doesn’t care about defending this year.

if Schlenk can put good bodies around Dennis ...”not build around him”....but get some talent added to the team Dennis overall numbers will improve . Just like Teague, he’s an all star caliber player with other all stars on the team, most players in the nba can’t say that but Dennis/Teague games are elevated to all star status  based on whose around them.

• Like 1

Bazemore is most likely to go. He can score, defend, and rebound for his position. The teams that are all in with their core players are looking at him. Some just because they fear a fan base mutiny and others because a GM fears losing his job if they miss the playoffs.

The biggest holdup is probably us not wanting to take back a couple of bad contracts just to get it done.

6 hours ago, JTB said:

Just because of his 3ball? I don’t believe that ...I think when you have a player like Dennis you play him to his strengths and right now the 3ball isn’t his strength, doesn’t mean you can’t use him effectively or that he can’t impact the game in a positive way.

as far as Dennis defense goes it’s clearly just an effort issue. No one on the hawks is trying to play defense therefore we can’t look and place blame on one man. This whole team doesn’t care about defending this year.

if Schlenk can put good bodies around Dennis ...”not build around him”....but get some talent added to the team Dennis overall numbers will improve . Just like Teague, he’s an all star caliber player with other all stars on the team, most players in the nba can’t say that but Dennis/Teague games are elevated to all star status  based on whose around them.

I'm not talking about for us. He's already on our team, we drafted him and gave him a big contract. We have incentive to try to make it work. I'm looking at it from the perspective of other teams. I'm not sure how many teams would want to trade for him and of those I'm not sure how much they'd give up.

And it's not like he's an elite player outside of 3pt shooting and defense. He has other flaws in his game. But I agree that after seeing some of the improvements he's made this season on a bad team, I'm encouraged by what he can do once we add more talent to the roster. 

6 hours ago, High5 said:

I'm not talking about for us. He's already on our team, we drafted him and gave him a big contract. We have incentive to try to make it work. I'm looking at it from the perspective of other teams. I'm not sure how many teams would want to trade for him and of those I'm not sure how much they'd give up.

And it's not like he's an elite player outside of 3pt shooting and defense. He has other flaws in his game. But I agree that after seeing some of the improvements he's made this season on a bad team, I'm encouraged by what he can do once we add more talent to the roster. 

Well I actually believe Schlenk is going to trade Dennis if there’s any bright light of the possibilities of getting Trae Young.

i don’t approve of that (not that it matters if I approve or not) but it’s just my gut feeling.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, JTB said:

Well I actually believe Schlenk is going to trade Dennis if there’s any bright light of the possibilities of getting Trae Young.

i don’t approve of that (not that it matters if I approve or not) but it’s just my gut feeling.

Trading Dennis is a surefire way of tanking the season, but he is a young and very talented piece to build with(not around) on a good contract. I'm not sure it's worth it. Part of keeping this rebuild from being long and drawn out is to build on the young talent that's already on the roster. Now if the unquestioned target this upcoming Draft is Trae Young, you make that trade on Draft night or right before the Draft like we did with Teague.

• Like 3

There's a good chance the Suns don't see that first round pick until 2020 when it's only top 7 protected. Maybe they would have taken some of those protections off for a younger player with more contract years remaining, but would we be happy trading Dennis for the 15th-19th pick? Maybe. It would definitely be something to package our later picks to grab two of the top guys. 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, High5 said:

I could only see trading Collins as a piece in a blockbuster trade for someone like Giannis, which ain't happening. I'm not sure what else you'd trade him for at this point that makes sense.

Agreed.  He isn't off the table but it is hard to come up with a deal that works given we would want future upside and that is exactly what he is.

• Moderators

^

"...but I'm funny, HOW? I mean, funny, like I'm a CLOWN? I AMUSE you?"

~sausag3

General manager Travis Schlenk, hired last May, has put the Hawks into full-scale sell mode approaching the deadline on Thursday, with just about everyone on the roster outside of rookie John Collins up for discussion.

Alas, the Hawks’ yard sale has not been the most popular on the block — "slim pickings," as one scout said with a laugh on Friday.

• Like 3

vor 3 Minuten, lethalweapon3 sagte:

^

"...but I'm funny, HOW? I mean, funny, like I'm a CLOWN? I AMUSE you?"

~sausag3

I mean that's what you get with the hawks. Our franchise has the second worst record and there is no stand out player. We have no Evans or Mirotic who performs out of his mind for multiple games. We only have inconsistent average veterans.