• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I don't understand

Shooters on the outside = more space for Dennis to drive to the basket. With less shooters to worry about, Dennis will find it much harder to get a clean shot off at the rim. If Dennis isn't gonna get his, then how will this team do anything but lose?

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, DBac said:

Shooters on the outside = more space for Dennis to drive to the basket. With less shooters to worry about, Dennis will find it much harder to get a clean shot off at the rim. If Dennis isn't gonna get his, then how will this team do anything but lose?

Dennis was scoring regardless of who he was playing with tonight.  Belinelli didn't even play tonight and Dennis had a career night tonight  Plus we may have found another shooter in Dorsey

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dennis was scoring regardless of who he was playing with tonight.  Belinelli didn't even play tonight and Dennis had a career night tonight  Plus we may have found another shooter in Dorsey

Tonight was the norm for Dennis, for sure.

• Like 1

Hawks would be dumb to trade Dennis! Don’t care what anyone says.

we need to get Dennis some scoring and playmaking help period. Even when Dennis plays off ball this team can’t create anything for themselves or for others and YES Dennis played off ball enough to tell the guys surrounding him just ain’t got it.

• Like 2

These entertaining losses are becoming vintage.  Bud loaded the tank rounds with Collins’ minutes tonight.  The kid is running away with the team leads in efficiency and winning yet can’t get no run.  That boy Prince was a madman behind the trigger though (1 and 3 in 27 minutes). He damn near makes me long for Duck, let alone Thabo.

Dennis clearly depends on his relationship and trust with the C for maximum play.  Since Ded came back he’s been balls to the wall, with good reason.  Dedmon does everything better than Plum.

Good to see Dorsey getting his NBA legs under him.

Totally forgot they had Okafor and somehow Kenny turned a dude with a name like Spencer f@$kin Dinwiddie into a decent player.  3.6 win shares on 21% usage is a miracle.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

• Moderators

I'll also note that if Phoenix loses at home to Houston tonight, the Cavs' Netspick draft-odds-ranking drops from 8th to 9th, and it's within a game of slipping down to 11th. Had Brooklyn lost, that tank spot for Cleveland would have risen up to 7th, and within a game of 4th.

Good work, everybody!

~lw3

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, High5 said:

Dennis needs more help around him certainly, but he really needs to learn how to switch it up on those drives. We see too many of his good games end with him getting easily shut down at the rim. 

It seemed early in the season he had some hesitation and ball-showing moves to throw off contests.  Now he’s back to relying on split seconds and half-inches to get shots off and the league adjusted long ago.  

I expect him to tighten it up some more this offseason and maybe draw a few more fouls.  He focused on his three ball, passing, and pull up this summer.  Tony Parker and Kyrie film of their strategy when finishing would help a ton.  I really hate Jack didn’t spend any time here.  He would’ve been great for Dennis’ growth.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk did the right thing retaining Bud for a tank season.  Bud can't manage personnel to save his life.  No rebounders in the game after Dedmon fouled out? 

Hey, just a suggestion: mix it up a lil bit and talk about Bud :approved:

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

It seemed early in the season he had some hesitation and ball-showing moves to throw off contests.  Now he’s back to relying on split seconds and half-inches to get shots off and the league adjusted long ago.  

I expect him to tighten it up some more this offseason and maybe draw a few more fouls.  He focused on his three ball, passing, and pull up this summer.  Tony Parker and Kyrie film of their strategy when finishing would help a ton.  I really hate Jack didn’t spend any time here.  He would’ve been great for Dennis’ growth.

It would also help if he were playing with a 5 man who could clean up some of his mistakes by grabbing offensive rebounds off of his missed layups.  I don't think it was a coincidence tonight that Dennis looked very good when playing with Dedmon.  When he fouled out, that definitely hurt at the end.

FYI:  Dennis is the league leader in FGAs as the Pick and Roll ball handler, which represents a whopping 51% of his offensive plays.  He's shooting 48% FG in those play types and scoring 44% of the time.  The reason for that, is because he's not getting many calls when he gets hit.  He draws a foul only 6% of the time.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It would also help if he were playing with a 5 man who could clean up some of his mistakes by grabbing offensive rebounds off of his missed layups.  I don't think it was a coincidence tonight that Dennis looked very good when playing with Dedmon.  When he fouled out, that definitely hurt at the end.

FYI:  Dennis is the league leader in FGAs as the Pick and Roll ball handler, which represents a whopping 51% of his offensive plays.  He's shooting 48% FG in those play types and scoring 44% of the time.  The reason for that, is because he's not getting many calls when he gets hit.  He draws a foul only 6% of the time.

Dennis impact exclusively is based around the PnR. Which is why Al leaving killed his impact overall. He shpuld get better as we add more talent and hopefully get Ayton or Bamba. 

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He draws a foul only 6% of the time.

As much his fault as the refs, who are indeed awful.  He still has a ways to go in terms of understanding changing speeds.  Many times he simply goes too fast to draw contact.  Hell, you don’t even have to make contact, just create the illusion for these zebras.  Kyle Lowry gets a couple phantoms every damn game.  

Didn’t Dennis also show a floater early in his career?  Where it go?  It would be the perfect compliment to his improved pull-up and lay-up game.  

Edited by benhillboy

vor 1 Stunde, benhillboy sagte:

As much his fault as the refs, who are indeed awful.  He still has a ways to go in terms of understanding changing speeds.  Many times he simply goes too fast to draw contact.  Hell, you don’t even have to make contact, just create the illusion for these zebras.  Kyle Lowry gets a couple phantoms every damn game.  

Didn’t Dennis also show a floater early in his career?  Where it go?  It would be the perfect compliment to his improved pull-up and lay-up game.  

I think he hit one or two floaters last night. He is 16-41 within 5-10ft which is definitely below average.

• Like 1