• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks -- The MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Superb and educational thread even though I still have questions as to why Dedmon and Prince are listed as day-to-day.  Tighten up, Leeth.

Seriously though, I think I speak for the whole Squawk in saying Atlanta is better for having welcomed you.  I can imagine how eventful 4th Ward was in the mid 90s.

The Spurs are nowhere near as bulletproof as they were after these questionable FA signings every year, Gay being the latest.  And how you ask to be traded from the Spurs, as a Texan no less?  I don’t know.  Still, as long as Kawhi plays near starter minutes they should cruise.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

It is time to make this statement...I think that this message board and the Podcasts are short changing the talent on this roster.  You can't have zero talent and compete night in and night out like this team does.  Heck, even last year's team didn't compete like this on a regular basis.

• Like 2

It is time to make this statement...I think that this message board and the Podcasts are short changing the talent on this roster.  You can't had zero talent and compete night in and night out like this team does.  Heck, even last year's team didn't compete like this on a regular basis.

Our best player is Dennis and our second best player is whoever is commiting less turnovers between Bazemore and Prince. Collins also doesn't get a chance to showcase his full arsenal. I've said many times that we can be a playoff next year, but we only play this well because Bud is here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:
Collins playing too well today.  Almost time to pull him for the rest of the game.

Looks like the refs are going to take Collins out for us.

bogus foul

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

It is time to make this statement...I think that this message board and the Podcasts are short changing the talent on this roster.  You can't had zero talent and compete night in and night out like this team does.  Heck, even last year's team didn't compete like this on a regular basis.

Dennis is a borderline All-Star PG, regardless of what Hawks fans think.

Collins should be 1st team ROY

Baze is a decent to above average defender, and streaky offensively

Ily and Beli are competent outside shooters

Dedmon is definitely a solid big man capable of starting for a few teams.

Prince is still developing, but can knock down the 3 and play decent defense.

But let's not get carried away.  There's a difference between "competing" and actually "winning".  When last year's team had a lead late, they didn't lose.  And they were a very good defensive team.   We were 32 - 24 going into the All Star break last season.  If we were going at that clip this year, that would put us right around the 4 - 5 spot in the East.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dennis is a borderline All-Star PG, regardless of what Hawks fans think.

Collins should be 1st team ROY

Baze is a decent to above average defender, and streaky offensively

Ily and Beli are competent outside shooters

Dedmon is definitely a solid big man capable of starting for a few teams.

Prince is still developing, but can knock down the 3 and play decent defense.

But let's not get carried away.  There's a difference between "competing" and actually "winning".  When last year's team had a lead late, they didn't lose.  And they were a very good defensive team.   We were 32 - 24 going into the All Star break last season.  If we were going at that clip this year, that would put us right around the 4 - 5 spot in the East.

They were getting blown out of many games last year....many of this year's loses can be attributed to questionable personnel decisions!

• Like 1

Unbelievable that Schröder didn't get that foul call.  Thankfully, Dedmon was right there for the offensive rebound and put back.

It feels like the refs have consistently made calls to help us lose games this season. I wouldn't be mad if there was a league-wide conspiracy to get the Hawks a top pick, but I'd appreciate if they'd at least give Dennis a foul.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't agree at all with Bud's strategy to foul right there.  A 3 doesn't beat you in that situation, so why not play the entire thing out?  Now, we have to make FTs, and then do the same thing again.  Bud with Tankology 101 style coaching.

It was dumb as hell!

• Like 1