• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh ( bleep )!  They won?  I stopped watching after they went down by 20.

AD was worn out. The rest of the team got tired in the 2nd half. Bud turned up the heat and we play a better game. Kudos to Baze, he had a great game tonight. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

If we really want to be the worst team in the league some trades will have to be made. Ilyasova, Dedmon and Marco have to be moved. The thing is, I think a second round pick isnt worth it unless you think it gets us a higher pick because we win less, and even that isn’t guaranteed.

I’ve been getting a little more invested these last 10 or so games and it’s hard to want us to lose when I watch. It’s New Orleans though..so go Hawks!

• Like 4

Collins’ efficiency is nothing short of astounding.  I thought for sure he’d foul out in 10 minutes.  Instead he posts 25 stat points in 26 minutes and only 2 fouls.  

He’s a nebula of energy off the ball, making him a tough cover for many Bigs in the league who don’t fully grasp off ball concepts.  I’m damn near scared to see him in a couple years with 10 more pounds of muscle and experience.  He already thinks the game at a high level for such a limited role.  I think he can become a better team player than Blake or Amare.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I hope we can unload some of our vets. I doubt it though.

Sometimes you gotta part with sentimental assets but I’d hate to see Ded, Belli, or Illy go.  In the words of my boy @NBASupes these are great fit players for a championship level bench: Ded is a screen attack pro, Marco instantly changes pace, and Illy nicely blends the stretch 4 with traditional 4.  If we could keep 2 while bringing in a Bagley and Klay sign ya boy up.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Sometimes you gotta part with sentimental assets but I’d hate to see Ded, Belli, or Illy go.  In the words of my boy @NBASupes these are great fit players for a championship level bench: Ded is a screen attack pro, Marco instantly changes pace, and Illy nicely blends the stretch 4 with traditional 4.  If we could keep 2 while bringing in a Bagley and Klay sign ya boy up.

All of these guys are quality depth. The issue is most teams lack an expiring contract and Atlanta would request a 1st if you want to trade a contract. A lot of teams aren't trying to trade those 1sts in this draft. It's going to be something. That's why I don't mind these wins for now. But by All-Star break. I want a 1st for Bazemore with the way he's been playing the last 20 games.  

Bazemore is the only starter on our roster who can start for most playoffs teams. Dennis could for some but those teams are loaded anyway. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

The team is not tanking I keep telling y'all.  The team has more talent than you are giving them credit for I keep telling y'all.  Bud is not tanking I keep telling y'all although he had me scratching my head with the Cavanaugh at center guarding Cousins in the 1st half along with Delaney and Dorsey in the game.  Some of these guys need to be retained for building a playoff team for the future so all of you that want to gut the team are a little off base. 

lastly:Baze: In your face Haters!!!!!

• Like 4

Damn I didn’t know Bembry was out indefinitely.  We got the tank running on regular gas instead of premium with Techron with him sidelined.  Dudes offensive box  is -7.2 in 18 games.  All he did was turnover and brick. 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

:Bud: "Sorry, I.T. but that MLK pregame intro of yours didn't stir anybody's souls.  We're sending you Up North to work on those oratory skills. Yeah, Dat Way. And take Tyler and Fro with ya. We'll let Osh Kosh B'Josh handle the Groundhog Day intro."

~bud

• Like 2