• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

For us Tankfans (<--- yes, that's the R&B singer over there, no amount of Nivea product can get me that photogenic), please note that the Raptors (Wednesday's opponent) have several days of rest and are right there in Philips Arena taking copious notes (including Bebe, with face tats only a mother could love!). Wednesday's shaping up to be a nice Schedule Loss for us, so chin up!

Still, very good to see Taurean finally putting something together!

~lw3

• Like 2

Quinn gone whoop some ass after that performance even though he knows the Hawks play considerably better than their record would indicate.  They looked like the Suns out there.

We gotta frame that +25 by Delaney.  Say what you will about Bud but he knows how to light a fire under his guys with them DNPs.  Delaney’s been more than serviceable ever since getting his minutes back.  Just can never be too impressed with Collins stroking the three for style points.  Foul tallies looking much better.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

For us Tankfans (<--- yes, that's the R&B singer over there, no amount of Nivea product can get me that photogenic), please note that the Raptors (Wednesday's opponent) have several days of rest and are right there in Philips Arena taking copious notes (including Bebe, with face tats only a mother could love!). Wednesday's shaping up to be a nice Schedule Loss for us, so chin up!

Still, very good to see Taurean finally putting something together!

~lw3

If the Raptors are already in ATL, that's a BAD SIGN for the Raptors.

- Magic City Mondays

- Buckhead Flu Tuesdays

Hawks by 5 on Wednesday.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Don't care if the games are on the road or at home.  We are winning too many lately.  Finishing with the 5th worst record could us as low as the 8th pick.  No bueno.

I wouldn't stress too much. There's so much luck involved that finishing 4th or so isn't the worst. I imagine we'll trade some guys too.

• Moderators
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

- Magic City Mondays

- Buckhead Flu Tuesdays

Hawks by 5 on Wednesday.

I'm calling Mayor Keisha for an emergency curfew right now! lol

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

- Magic City Mondays

- Buckhead Flu Tuesdays

Hawks by 5 on Wednesday.

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Northcyde!

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, TheFuzz said:

I wouldn't stress too much. There's so much luck involved that finishing 4th or so isn't the worst. I imagine we'll trade some guys too.

If you are banking on the good luck of the Hawks, I'd say you are new to Atlanta sports.  Finish 4th?  Welcome to pick #7.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The question is . . . will Joe Johnson get into the Basketball Hall of Fame?

- No championships, NBA Finals, or Conference Finals appearances.

- 7x All-Star

- One All-NBA team ( 3rd team )

- 20th all time in minutes played ( 43,584 )

- 10th all time in 3 pointers made ( 1955 ) . . . did not know that

- 41st all time in total points ( 20,217 )

The last stat is key, because NO ONE in NBA history who has scored that many points, has not been left out of the Hall of Fame.  Only 2 players who have scored at least 20,000 points have been left out.  ( Tom Chambers and Antwan Jamison ).

The recent history of clutch baskets may get him in.  But it may have to be a year in which the inductee class is relatively "weak".

With the Jazz being 4.5 games out of the 8th spot, he may need to be traded to a high caliber playoff team ( Cleveland ), and be a key reserve off the bench, in order to guarantee his spot in the Hall.   If not, I wonder how many seasons he'll continue to play as a fringe player?  If he can get to 21,000 points, that may be enough.  But he'll need 2+ more seasons to do that.

Per The Ref he has a 50.6 chance so I’d say yes in his later years of eligibility with a weaker class.  As far as active players he’s alone on an island with Love at 43% below him (who should also get in) and Gasol far above, a lock at 93%.

I could never embrace the guy but can’t deny his skill set was cold.  My favs were his cross court passes and there is no prettier 30 foot swish.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Per The Ref he has a 50.6 chance so I’d say yes in his later years of eligibility with a weaker class.  As far as active players he’s alone on an island with Love at 43% below him (who should also get in) and Gasol far above, a lock at 93%.

Basil also has the international thing going for him.  

I'm not thinking Love will be a HOF unless he really sparks after his Cleveland teams blows up.

Tidbit from Steve Holman:

Riding home from work, I was listening to the game on Sirius.   During one of the breaks in the action, Holman talked about how Josh Smith only attempted 7 or so 3 pointers in the 2009 - 10 season.  Not sure how the convo came up.

Turns out, the ONLY REASON why he didn't shoot 3s that year, was because he made a bet with someone ( not sure if it was a teammate or family member ) that he wouldn't take more than 10 threes that season.

Holman found it amusing that it was a bet that caused Smith not to shoot 3s, and not him trying to play to his strengths.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Basil also has the international thing going for him.  

I'm not thinking Love will be a HOF unless he really sparks after his Cleveland teams blows up.

You may be right on Love.  Had he stayed in Minny he’d be a lock with the crazy rebound and three numbers he made routine despite no playoff success.  He was so unique.  I’d never seen a fat dude stretch that far yet sell out so hard for boards.  He was a much better passer then than he’s shown lately for some reason.  As far as a signature moment I think the defensive stand against Curry in the Finals looms large when thinking of his legacy so far.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

88-8706.jpg

* Griz about to beat the Sixers!

* Mavs about to make a dumpster fire with the Wiz!

* Only Justin Holiday's missed FT kept the Bulls from wasting a crazy performance by the Two-Man Show of Boogie and AD... that game's going to OT!

~lw3