• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

First: So Hot Sauce is our new "The Freeze" around town? Works for me!

Second: These patsies gotta be actors, like the old Kiss-Cam drama-school student projects.

Third: Defensive End? At least we now know what happened to Jamaal Anderson.

Fourth: FREE BEMBRY lol

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

You can watch the young guys play and see how the team is doing. This is no different than watching the team in our rebuilding days.

I watch because I'm a fan of the Hawks.  I want to see our young guys developing and us putting together a core of youngsters that include some solid starters, some solid rotation guys off the bench and a superstar or two.  The last part of that is the most important part.

We are in a competition right now to end up with the best odds of a top pick and the highest floor possible.  With each win, our odds of getting a top pick decline but that isn't the main issue for me.  The odds aren't so different whether you finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the tank race.  The much bigger issue is that every slot you drop the floor gets worse.  Finishing with the 4th worst record might the 7th pick while finishing with the 1st record at worst gets you the 4th.  This draft has some depth for guys who could be stars but you definitely want  your choice and that depth doesn't last forever.  The 7th pick may not have any easily identifiable stars left on the board.

• Like 1