• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Having webbed feet can carry you an awfully long way. No Marv tonight, as he recuperates from his first-ever ankle-sprain injury.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article197467169.html

Williams’ experience with ankle sprains is. ...

“Zero,” Williams said. “Everybody is surprised. I tweaked my ankle a little bit a couple of years ago in the San Antonio game, my right ankle. And that’s been my only real experience with an ankle sprain. This is my first real ankle sprain.

“I’m blessed: no ankles, no knees. I’ve had an Achilles (tendon rupture in 2013) and a back (injury).”

Williams said he has no idea how long he will be out, but his history suggests optimism.

“In the past, I have healed fairly quickly, and I do as much as I possibly can to speed that process. I’ll just continue to get as much treatment as I possibly can, and I’ll do as much as I can to stay conditioned. We’ll just see as we go.”

Wednesday against the Hawks will be the first game (and start) Williams will miss this season. That means the first start of the season for [Frank... what's his nickname, again???] Kaminsky, who is averaging 10.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 23 minutes this season.

Hornets coach Steve Clifford said the backup minutes at power forward will be shared by Johnny O’Bryant and Treveon Graham. Graham is the more experienced player of those two, but he’s smaller than O’Bryant (6-foot-5 versus O’Bryant at 6-9). Clifford said the mix of minutes between Graham and O’Bryant will fluctuate game-to-game, relative to the matchup against opposing teams’ power forwards.

~lw3

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Miles Plumlee being in during garbage time is laughable. When is this Miles Plumlee-starting lineup thang going to end? I mean hot diggity dog.

:Bud: "He'll do just fine, until DeAndre Ayton gets here... oop, did I say too much? Pretend I said DeAndre Jordan!"

~budthetankdoctor

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

:Bud: "He'll do just fine, until DeAndre Ayton gets here... oop, did I say too much? Pretend I said DeAndre Jordan!"

~budthetankdoctor

Question is will Bud try to make him a 2G when he gets here.

• Like 3

How we only get 29 boards?  Dwight kept to his word and has been killing us all season.  Kemba done killed us his whole career seems like.

Baze seems to be auditioning for a good team to scoop him up and has clearly handed the keys to the Tank to Taurean.  I wish I could check Elias Sports Bureau to see how many frontcourt players have logged 0 points and 1 rebound in 25 minutes.  

I foolishly thought Taylor would be a factor after his mini-breakout.  No.

Bud’s defensive scheme is tired but players on the wings with bad on-ball techniques don’t help none.  He’s had a couple high ranking defenses with better personnel.  That’s not a strength now.

How Bellinelli is still here I don’t know.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2