• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dang Schlenk

Vol4ever

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Don't be concerned as long as Dennis doesn't get shut down, he preserves the tank because of how awful he is, he needs to get 35+ mins a game ROS because he'll really preserve it with his terrible play.

Maybe Dennis is playing like that on purpose?  He could very well be part of the "tanking" without "tanking" program.  He had an excellent 1st quarter, only to suck the rest of the way.  Those are the signs of a player who has bought into the tank program.  

Maybe they told him . . . "Hey, you need to tone it down a bit.  Get your numbers, but don't be trying to be the hero out there late in the game.  You can defer a little more down the stretch of games too, if you want."

Dennis: "So tank, huh?"

Management:  "Stop saying that!!  We're not tanking.  We're "building".  Just do what you need to do, and don't be so "stellar" on a nightly basis.  Otherwise, we'll get someone to kick your ankle, so you can be out a few months."

Image result for kick in the ankle gif

• Like 3

• Premium Member

IMO Ersan is a player you want on your team, brings his lunch pail everyday.  I did this link because I dont believe Schlenk knows what he is doing.  The trades yesterday netted us a mere $100K.    What a joke.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ersan must have a few side chicks in the A.  Playing to win?  Dude, we have 17 wins on the season.  If we were playing to win, you'd be getting less minutes, and Collins would be starting.

Schlenk:  "OK Ersan, we have trade offers from Portland, Detroit, and the Pelicans, who just lost Boogie a few weeks ago.   You'll get extensive playing time in those places.  And these are all teams currently in the playoff hunt."

Ersan:  "Just tell me one thing man.  Are we tanking, or are we playing to win?"

Schlenk:  "Well . . our goal this year was to keep being competitive.  I don't like to use the word "tanking", because we're not deliberately trying to lose games.  Our goal this year is to build good team chemistry and go into next year with better cohesion, and a few young talented pieces."

Ersan:  "So we're not tanking?"

Schlenk:  "No"

Ersan:  "OK . . I'll stay then"

Schlenk:

Image result for what gif

:bowdown:Love that post!

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Large Russian speaking community in the ATL, probably 5th largest to that of NYC/NJ area,  SF Bay, LA, and Miami. Maybe that factored in as well.

That was also part of the secret sauce for Zaza. Our metro was #2 in (Republic of) Georgian immigrants behind NYC before Zaza got here.

I am increasingly hopeful Buford Highway steps their Slovenian cuisine up a notch before the Draft gets here.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

LOSERS

John Collins, Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks are one of the worst teams in the league and were looking to be sellers at the deadline, but couldn’t pull the trigger on any significant moves to free up playing time for their young players. That’s bad news for Collins, who still has to share frontcourt minutes with Ersan Ilyasova, Miles Plumlee, Dewayne Dedmon and Mike Muscala. The Hawks could eventually buy out one of their veterans, but it doesn’t look like Collins will be getting more run in the immediate future.

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

The buy out option is still there; and the thought that we should have traded anyone for 2nd round picks is very short sided. It is much more important that we don't just give up cap space for 2nd round picks.

In millions,

Belinelli 6.6

Dedmon 6.0

Ersan 6.0

Moose 5.0

If Dedmon opts out that is 18.6 million in cap. Moose is still a 5 million dollar cap hit next season. We will see what our picks do; that has been the long range plan since Schlenk let Sap walk and traded Howard.

I am worried that if we start giving Collins 30 minutes a game, we end up winning more games.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am worried that if we start giving Collins 30 minutes a game, we end up winning more games.

I would pair his increased minutes with more minutes for inexperienced and unpolished guys like Bembry, Dorsey, Cavanaugh, etc. while either completely benching (time to rehab that knee) or significantly cutting minutes for Ersan, Belli, Baze, Dennis, and Dedmon.  Collins is the best piece for the future so I want him to have time if we can work it out.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I would pair his increased minutes with more minutes for inexperienced and unpolished guys like Bembry, Dorsey, Cavanaugh, etc. while either completely benching (time to rehab that knee) or significantly cutting minutes for Ersan, Belli, Baze, Dennis, and Dedmon.  Collins is the best piece for the future so I want him to have time if we can work it out.

I am not worried about his playing time this year. Barring a good discount on his part, I don't expect Ersan to be around next season; and it is likely Dedmon will be leaving for greener pastures as well. The odds are at least 5 to 1 we will be drafting another big with one of our three 1st round picks.

I am excited about this draft; but not the 2018/19 upcoming season. It could be worse than this years season from a won/loss standpoint.

Edited by Buzzard