• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

why so much negativity

AtlKauzie

why does everyone here post tanking this and tanking that, literally every subject rounds back to someone starting a tanking debate. The team has 4 picks in the upcoming draft yet no one wants to talk about who they would like to see in a hawks jersey but rather talk about how much they dislike dennis/travis/bud and thats all I've seen on this forum for the past few months.

First I'll start with travis. I don't see how anyone can judge him so when he hasn't been here a year yet. Ive seen a few fansvsay they want him gone and i dont see why considering he got us john collins and tyler dorsey a second round pick who's shootin around 37% from three in his first draft, he also got us dwayne dedmon who every hawks fan loves and bud deserves some credits too for actually letting him shoot threes, something no other team would've considered doing before this season. Back to the late firsts this summer,  who knows what gems travis can net us with the rockets and twolves picks this summer or maybe even package them to get a second lottery pick. What about the trade deadline you may ask? Thats simple you cant make trades if teams dont bite and besides he did just save us over 100,000 which could come in handy considering we are a relatively small market therfore we'll take what we can get. i give mr. Schlenk a B- so far.

Second is Coach bud who is easily our best coach over the last 2 decades. Bud actually made us relevant if only just a bit, he's far from pefect but he led a hawks to 60 wins with the best player being paul millsap for God's sake image what he could do if he had some young talent from recent drafts like ben simmons, the greek freak, karl-anthoby towns, or jayson tatum for example. Also that 60 win team was comprised with system and fit players excluding al and millsap seeing as though al, who's an allstar this season on a contender.

Now for the third most discussed topic for this season Dennis Schröder. I've seen a lot of people upset he wasn't moved at the dead line, for what? For a 1 year contract and a protected late first or second round pick? Because that would only slow down this rebuild even more by having to find another point gaurd to replace his 20/3/6 statline. you might say that he's only averaging those stats because hes on a bad team, true but putting up those numbers requires a decent amount of talent and skill in of itself. Imagine how efficient dennis could be if he wasn't the only guy teams are looking to shut down every night. Moving on to his defense, yes its been pretty bad this year there's no getting around it but i can see why its regressed, you just have to take in account if just how much he has to work to get the team going on offense to keep at least some of these games close. with simple logic you would assume he would prefer to preserve his energy a little. it's not like he cant defend just look at the playoff games the last three years he moves his feet, waives his arms, fights through screens, the whole nine yards. If he were playing like he did in that wizards series we'd probably be the the 9th-11th seed and people would say "Dennis is ruining the tank" as most would put it. About Dennis's three point shooting, all i got to say about it is that he needs a better shooting form it's too stiff and flat and should be worked on in the off season. Lastly i don't thing Dennis is done improving, the point gaurd postion is weird and development differs from player to player, look at kyle lowry for he didn't find his niche until he was around 27 and Dennis is 24 so he's still a few years from his prime. All in all im happy that Dennis made it this far, and he's improved every year. we got a starter out of a 17th overall pick isnt that worth something?

Atleast the guys on the hawks reddit know how to enjoy a down year instead of spreading bitterness because the front office had the common sense to pull the plug on trying to compete with aging stars approaching their mid 30's.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, High5 said:

There's just a very vocal minority that likes to whine about everything. Most of us are cool with Bud and Schlenk. Dennis is a tad more controversial, but I still haven't seen many people begging for him to be traded. 

I suppose, but it does get a bit repetitive reading the same thing over and over. I dont comment here much but i have visited this site frequently in hopes to see lot's of different discussions about the team, not just those 3 that i talked about. 

How about prince being basically useless the entire month of January apart from 2 games( i still believe he'll get out of his slump ). I haven't checked the box score yet but didn't he shoot 0 for 9 on threes yesterday? How come no one will talk about that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AtlKauzie said:

How about prince being basically useless the entire month of January apart from 2 games( i still believe he'll get out of his slump ). I haven't checked the box score yet but didn't he shoot 0 for 9 on threes yesterday? How come no one will talk about that?

Haha.  I suspect you’ve never read my posts.

Most want to give Prince more time and wait for him to play well in another role down the line.  I’ve seen enough already to think there are rookie SFs who are better now than he’ll ever be.  Jason Tatum is a light year away but even that Osman kid for the Cavs makes effort and read plays that Prince wouldn’t understand.

Outside of that I’m a pretty happy Hawks fan.  I believe we have a GM who won’t pull a Marvin-over-CP3, Bud continues to maximize vet additions, Dennis plays as well as I could expect from a True BU, and Johnny Bap is one of the more efficient players in the league.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

@hazer i can see were some of those guys are coming from in a sence that they've been with this team longer than I've been alive (im 18) and had to go through the last rebuild where our prize was al horford (which isn't anything ground breaking), but travis had a hand in building a juggernaut known a the warriors. Our head office is head to toe leauges better than it was 10 years ago, i doubt travis will draft us the next josh childress, sheldan williams, marvin williams, ect. Just look how bad the kings, suns, and magics management has looked over the last couple years by failing to find a balance in their rosters, Call me a homer but i just dont see us taking that path.

Edited by AtlKauzie
misspelled
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I suspect t you’ve never read my posts lol.

Most want to give Prince more time and wait for him to play well in another role down the line.  I’ve seen enough already to think there are rookie SFs who are better now than he’ll ever be.  Jason Tatum is a light year away but even that Osman kid for the Cavs makes effort and read plays that Prince wouldn’t understand.

i agree and him having to play through this slump is hurting him, normally bud would bench him or reduce his minutes to light a fire under him but he can't because taurean is our only REAL sf on the roster who can handle extended minutes at that spot.

Edited by AtlKauzie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

@hazer i can see were some of those guys are coming from in a sence that they've been with this team longer than I've been alive (im 18) and had to go through the last rebuild where our prize was al horford (which isn't anything ground breaking), but travis had a hand in building a juggernaut known a the warriors. Our head office is head to toe leauges better than it was 10 years ago, i doubt travis will draft us the next josh childress, sheldan williams, marvin williams, ect. Just look how bad the kings, suns, and magics management over the last couple years by failing to find a balance in their rosters, Call me a homer but i just dont see us taking that path.

We can all see where they’re coming from, some of us just prefer balance and to not solely dwell obsessively on the negative. Particularly “pet” negative projects that they beat like a dead horse over and over and over and over and over again. It gets real old. I’m all for venting frustration and calling out dumb play and moves, I do it all the time. But it’s all doom and no boom with these Miserable Ones. I’m 47 and have been going to Hawks games since the ‘Nique/Fratello days at The Omni as a kid. I’ve been there and through it. And always chuckle at particular Miserable Ones who like to think I’m a newbie since I’ve only been on this particular message board for a decade. The ignore setting becomes your good friend. Not to avoid disagreement and healthy debate. To avoid the stale stench of dead horses ;)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

...taurean is our only REAL sf on the roster who can handle extended minutes at that spot.

Can he though?  I don’t even know how to explain the effect of a player who leads his team in minutes with a -.2 offensive win share and .029 WS/48.  It’s actually amazing he still hurts the team as a decent defender and great three point shooter.  Every other facet of his game you can think of is below average dragging down the two things he does pretty well.

11 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Can he though?  I don’t even know how to explain the effect of a player who leads his team in minutes with a -.2 offensive win share and .029 WS/48.  It’s actually amazing he still hurts the team as a decent defender and great three point shooter.  Every other facet of his game you can think of is below average dragging down the two things he does pretty well.

My bad that came out wrong what i meant was he is the only guy on the roster you would prefer to log the majority of their minutes there. For example if taurean wasn't on the team who would bud be forced to play at the 3?

Baze?(could work but less than ideal), 

Dorsey?(too small, just 6'4" 183 lbs)

Belli?( he'd probably give Isaiah thomas a run for his money as worst defender having to go against guys bigger, stronger, and faster than him every game)

Or maybe move someone from the front court there like john, cavanaugh, or ersan.

2 hours ago, hazer said:

“The Miserable Ones” just looooove to find something to bitch and moan about, constantly, or they’re not happily unhappy. 

Like the "miserable ones" who constantly derided Bazemore for playing poorly, and now deride him for playing too well?    Perhaps the ones who whine every time we win a game?  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Watchman said:

Like the "miserable ones" who constantly derided Bazemore for playing poorly, and now deride him for playing too well?    Perhaps the ones who whine every time we win a game?  

Nope, not them ;)

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Watchman said:

It is my worst case scenario to have a player who loses games when we want to win them and wins games when we want to lose them.  Like some hybrid of playoff THJr and Bobby Sura.  Punch it up a notch that he is sufficiently overpaid that teams won't trade for him when he is playing his best ball.

I will say for him that his attitude is great and he always tries and he didnt force anyone to offer him that contract so I don't blame him personally.  Actually a fan of Baze the man from what I've seen.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AHF said:

It is my worst case scenario to have a player who loses games when we want to win them and wins games when we want to lose them.  Like some hybrid of playoff THJr and Bobby Sura.  Punch it up a notch that he is sufficiently overpaid that teams won't trade for him when he is playing his best ball.

I will say for him that his attitude is great and he always tries and he didnt force anyone to offer him that contract so I don't blame him personally.  Actually a fan of Baze the man from what I've seen.

Plus 100 post !!!

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
14 horas atrás, AHF disse:

It is my worst case scenario to have a player who loses games when we want to win them and wins games when we want to lose them. 

Its called player improvement.  Happens all of the time.  We all should be happy that Baze is improving as a player. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its called player improvement.  Happens all of the time.  We all should be happy that Baze is improving as a player. 

Yup, we should all be happy that coach Bud and his staff are excellent at player development. We are going to need it.

• Like 2