• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who here is finding it hard to watch the BBall?

Diesel

• Premium Member
On 2/15/2018 at 3:32 PM, hawkman said:

The Bills situation was pretty bad, but there's no comparison to the Falcons being up by that much and just collapsing. At least the Bills got beat soundly for the most part so the fans were 'prepared' for the let down. The Falcons loss was virtually impossible. Literally everything had to go wrong for the Falcons and everything had to go right for the Patriots in the 4th quarter. Even with the Patriots surging, all the Falcons had to do was eat the clock. I will NEVER forgive our former OC for putting his ego above the game. I hope Shanahan never sniffs the Playoffs with the 49ers.

I also blame the coach. When we got the ball down around their 20 we should have just ran the ball and forced them to use up their TO. Kick the field goal, go up by 11 and force them to do almost the impossible.

I will never forgive them for that. It has destroyed my ability to even watch football esp. after Georgia also blew the national championship although in that case the refs played a huge part in that one.

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, Atlantaholic said:

the NFL has issues but I don't think lack of competitiveness is one of them. The Eagles just won their first championship, the Falcons' had their first championship basically in the bag and sealed and miraculously let it slip away. Eight different teams have won the last 9 superbowls, with New England being the only team with multipe championships. No team has won back to back championships since New England in 2003-2004.  We just had a season where 8 out of the 12 playoff teams hadn't made the playoffs the year before. Not even close to comparable to basketball's lack of parity. 

Exactly -.primarily due to a HARD salary cap in the NFL and the fact that so many players from so many positions can impact the game in the NFL.

Edited by DJlaysitup