• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am so ready for this season to be over

Peoriabird

Tell us how you really feel, P.

I feel you on most of your rant.  I’m usually good though.  #BudBall offense with Bigs who can stretch is always worthy of a couple hours watch time for me, regardless of the bum names on the back of the jerseys.  When we get about 3 or 4 more plus defenders on the roster over the next couple years the horrid defense will get a kickstart.

I’ll watch damn near any NBA game that doesn’t feature the Suns or Kings so I’ll be interested in how Collins, Dorsey, Cavs, White (still wouldn’t know him with an Andrew White shirt on in my house) and Taylor use these extended developmental minutes over the next 30.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I am tired of the boos when the Hawks play well and the criticisms of the individual players when they don't.  I am tired of seeing certain players like Miles Plumlee and Malcolm Delaney get major minutes.  I am tired of seeing Taurean Prince play hero ball and no defense without consequence.  I am tired of seeing John Collins used sparingly and when he is used, he is asked to guard some big Behemoth like Andre Drummond which is a recipe for disaster for him.  I am tired of the trade proposal for mediocre players like Kevin love.  I am tired of the notion that we won't be able to resign our better players like Dedmon.  I am tired of the Dennis and Bazemore hate.  I am tired of worrying about a situation where if we do draft a player like Micheal Porter, does Bud try to make him into a power forward or back up center or Trey Young into a shooting guard? And even though I do want the Hawks to get the best draft pick possible...Man am I tired of the Tank crowd chiming in non stop saying the same things over and over and over again.

These will be the most painful 30 games for me as a Hawk fan.  Can't pull for the team and celebrate good play with the fan base anymore.  This base only sees tank and anything other than loses doesn't really matter.  No matter what happens for the rest of this year, next year will so much better to be a Hawks fan!

This is just the first year.  Buckle Up...

• Like 3

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I am tired of the boos when the Hawks play well and the criticisms of the individual players when they don't.  I am tired of seeing certain players like Miles Plumlee and Malcolm Delaney get major minutes.  I am tired of seeing Taurean Prince play hero ball and no defense without consequence.  I am tired of seeing John Collins used sparingly and when he is used, he is asked to guard some big Behemoth like Andre Drummond which is a recipe for disaster for him.  I am tired of the trade proposal for mediocre players like Kevin love.  I am tired of the notion that we won't be able to resign our better players like Dedmon.  I am tired of the Dennis and Bazemore hate.  I am tired of worrying about a situation where if we do draft a player like Micheal Porter, does Bud try to make him into a power forward or back up center or Trey Young into a shooting guard? And even though I do want the Hawks to get the best draft pick possible...Man am I tired of the Tank crowd chiming in non stop saying the same things over and over and over again.

These will be the most painful 30 games for me as a Hawk fan.  Can't pull for the team and celebrate good play with the fan base anymore.  This base only sees tank and anything other than loses doesn't really matter.  No matter what happens for the rest of this year, next year will so much better to be a Hawks fan!

Kevin Love = Mediocre?  That's a joke.

He's on the Lebron James Train.  On that train, good players look bad.  Chris Bosh and Isaiah Thomas can tell you about that.  Lebron has to have role players around him.. so either you're a role player or he will make you one.  Either you fit in or you fit out.   Before playing with Lebron, Love was a beast. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Love definitely put up beastly numbers before LeBron but never won anything.  He is tough value for me given his age (would he fit same window as Collins and our draftees?) and defense.

Peoria - If it makes you feel better, a lot of us would happily declare the season over today if we could.  I have much more fear for what the rest of the season could mean than I do excitement.

• Like 1

As long as Schlenk gets his guy then I’m fine. But if we get the 7th or 8th pick Schlenk better and hopefully he has a good plan written out to get a player he purposely tanked for.

i hate seeing our hawks lose just like the rest of you but the purpose was to try to get a franchise player in this years draft.

I’m still holding judgment until I see all or majority moves made from draft and through the off season.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2018 at 3:54 PM, Peoriabird said:

Fortunately it's only 23 games to go rather than 30.  You gotta take relief wherever you can find it.

• Like 3

Your anger is misplaced upon a coaching staff that has done a great job when it is the front office that has done a terrible job of constructing this team.  All the anger for this season should be directed at Travis Schlenk, not Mike Budenholzer.  If not for Bud, this team may have been a sub 15 win team for the entire season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Your anger is misplaced upon a coaching staff that has done a great job when it is the front office that has done a terrible job of constructing this team.  All the anger for this season should be directed at Travis Schlenk, not Mike Budenholzer.  If not for Bud, this team may have been a sub 15 win team for the entire season.

If this is true then he definitely is the problem during a tank season! :biggrin:

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

By the way, I'm not angry at anyone just tired of this season.  I now believe that everyone is involved in this tank.  The players...especially Dennis and Prince.  Bud with starting Babbitt and Plumlee all of those games and the front office who obviously wants a star player from this draft and so do I.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

I disagree.  Bud the GM did this team no favors.  Whether it was constricting or keeping the belief that you can keep Harford, Millsap...yada yada....everyone hates this tank but no way we could keep the same team and expect better results.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I now believe that everyone is involved in this tank.  The players...especially Dennis and Prince.  Bud with starting Babbitt and Plumlee all of those games and the front office who obviously wants a star player from this draft and so do I.

Well, silver lining is that you’re no longer confused ;^)

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, hazer said:

Well, silver lining is that you’re no longer confused ;^)

It became pretty clear after Schröder, Baze and Illyasova were rested for no apparent reason.  Also Prince can't be this bad normally!  Someone had to encourage to just jack up shots non stop this season even when he is cold as ice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It became pretty clear after Schröder, Baze and Illyasova were rested for no apparent reason.  Also Prince can't be this bad normally!  Someone had to encourage to just jack up shots non stop this season even when he is cold as ice.

imagegif

Bud actually IS at fault for this because if you're President of Basketball Ops, you're pretty much the GM in my humble opinion. 

He's the guy that signed off on getting Dwight Howard in 15/16. He took part in making Al Horford mad in that offseason too. 

Messing up the 15/16 offseason is the only reason for this tank. And that does NOT fall on who the GM is now at all. You cannot go on with a **playoff caliber team** by just standing pat, you have to make moves, good moves to be able to create assets that you can trade to at least get solid draft picks/or players that are good and young.

Otherwise you're eventually going to slowly, very slowly die off into a bad team, just like what we have seen happen with Dallas. Unless **dying off into a bad team** is better than suddenly becoming one?

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, deester11 said:

I disagree.  Bud the GM did this team no favors.  Whether it was constricting or keeping the belief that you can keep Harford, Millsap...yada yada....everyone hates this tank but no way we could keep the same team and expect better results.

Well, you are about to get what you want.  Multiple years of losing all in the name of getting higher draft picks to draft "stars".