• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

capstone21

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

18th..Miami, Washington and Milwaukee stink

I gotta stick up for my boy Spo, the Heat don’t stink.  He’s pulled 7 or 8 wins out of his ass with that roster the past couple of seasons while reprimanding and benching his best player every chance he gets.

Edited by benhillboy

1 minute ago, buckyboy2 said:

Yep. WE could beat all 3 easy if we tried. lol

Those team's don't have G-League level rosters like Atlanta has.  Miami will beat Philly in the first round of the playoffs if they play each other.

3 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Hopefully Tobias ,& Sweet Lou can give the Nuggets an L today.  Go Clippers!

Not an important game for us. The game that's important is Portland v. Nuggets. Portland wins, Minny clinches if they beat Memphis. 

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not an important game for us. The game that's important is Portland v. Nuggets. Portland wins, Minny clinches if they beat Memphis. 

It’s important in the fact that if Denver loses, it gives Minnesota more breathing room so we can hope they keep losing. A loss puts them 1 game back and Minnesota has the tiebreaker. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, High5 said:

Even with a loss to LA, if Denver beats Portland and Minnesota then they would make the playoffs because of the division win% tiebreaker.

Assuming Minnesota loses out I assume? A loss here and a loss to Portland from Denver means Minnesota might rest players the last game of the year against Denver because they are already in (assuming one more win from them). I’m not sure about the other tiebreakers, everyone is so close. OKC loses to Houston tonight and they might be on the outside looking in.

Either way, it never hurts for a team chasing you to lose. Denver probably isn’t losing this game at this point unless LAC plays some defense.

I heard if Portland beats the Spurs today then it secures home court advantage for them.  If Portland secures home court today then they might rest some of their players Monday, which would give the Nuggets a chance to beat them.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I heard if Portland beats the Spurs today then it secures home court advantage for them.  If Portland secures home court today then they might rest some of their players Monday, which would give the Nuggets a chance to beat them.

It makes sense if true. They aren’t catching GS but might want to keep the third spot depending on matchups. Is there a playoff machine? I’d like to see Denver make it and OKC be the odd man out.

59 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Assuming Minnesota loses out I assume? A loss here and a loss to Portland from Denver means Minnesota might rest players the last game of the year against Denver because they are already in (assuming one more win from them). I’m not sure about the other tiebreakers, everyone is so close. OKC loses to Houston tonight and they might be on the outside looking in.

Either way, it never hurts for a team chasing you to lose. Denver probably isn’t losing this game at this point unless LAC plays some defense.

It's a moot point now, but Denver going 2-1 (with a loss to LA) and Minnesota going 1-1 (with a loss to Denver) would have put both teams at 46-36 with an even head-to-head. So the next tiebreaker is division record and Denver would have won there (10-6 vs. 9-7). Portland is important because that's a division game and Minnesota is way ahead on the next tiebreaker which is conference record.

But like you say, there could be 5 teams sitting at 45-35 at the end of the night and I'm not trying to figure out those potential tiebreakers. I do know NO loses out in a three-way tie with Minnesota and Denver, though.

OK I lied about not looking into the tiebreakers. It looks like OKC gets bounced in the event of a 5-way tie. They'd be 5-10 against the group and the worst anyone else could be is NO at 5-9, which is a better win%. Minnesota would get the 5th seed.

It's also possible for Utah to join the fray and create a 6-way tie. Their 3-1 record against NO and 1-3 record against OKC would eliminate NO instead. Minnesota would get the 4th seed.

• Like 3

The irony of the fact that Denver, Minnesota, and Atlanta fans will be highly interested in the final regular season matchup of the Nuggets and T-Wolves . . . and THIS MAN may very well hold the fate of 3 franchises in his hands . . .

Image result for paul millsap

Some of you who didn't think he was worth keeping around, better hope he plays like a 30 million dollar man in these last couple of games.

• Like 1