• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

capstone21

Damn.  That was the game Denver was poised to lose.  With them skating by like that in a horrible game, they'll be more focused than ever to play that game vs the T-Wolves.

Wow . . so we need a few former Hawks to ball out, to save the draft pick ( Teague and Jamal ).   Millsap played horribly last night, so he's due for a good game as well.   This may not end well.

Image result for deep impact gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AHF said:

They just need to draft the most talented guy on the board.  If he is ready to go, great.  If it takes a year or so ala Embiid or Dirk that is fine too.  Just don't draft a "ready" Shelden Williams or Josh Childress.

I would say they need to draft a talented guy that fits with the potential to be as good or better than anyone within his draft range. I don't want any Marvin Williams at #2, I want him at #12. I don't want John Collins at #5, I want him at #17. It's good when you get Horford #3 and he's in that range as a pro as well. I can deal but I can't do another Marvin or Shelden ever again. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would say they need to draft a talented guy that fits with the potential to be as good or better than anyone within his draft range. I don't want any Marvin Williams at #2, I want him at #12. I don't want John Collins at #5, I want him at #17. It's good when you get Horford #3 and he's in that range as a pro as well. I can deal but I can't do another Marvin or Shelden ever again. 

If they get BPA, that fits your criteria pretty well!

I was reading on the AJC last night that even if the Minnesota pick doesn't transfer this year it could still transfer during the next 2 seasons. Makes me feel a little better about our current situation..

But I fully expect an ATL win tonight and a Denver win tomorrow night. Just the luck ATL sports has been having lately. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

I was reading on the AJC last night that even if the Minnesota pick doesn't transfer this year it could still transfer during the next 2 seasons. Makes me feel a little better about our current situation..

But I fully expect an ATL win tonight and a Denver win tomorrow night. Just the luck ATL sports has been having lately. 

We want the pick this year since it is a Deep draft class. Thibbs need to call in Coach Carter for a Motivational Speech before the game tonight.

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Denver is on fire. Minny has been struggling. I don't have a good feeling about this game. KAT is gotta play like he did against us. 

Jokic played pretty good defense on KAT last week when they met.  As a matter of fact KAT fouled out with about 4 minutes left in that game.  They may could have sneaked out a victory last week if he stayed out of foul trouble.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

So, a career-high 2700 minutes later...

~lw3

Thibs wouldn't want to run his guys into the ground or anything.  With the season on the line you have to really feel these things out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AHF said:

They just need to draft the most talented guy on the board.  If he is ready to go, great.  If it takes a year or so ala Embiid or Dirk that is fine too.  Just don't draft a "ready" Shelden Williams or Josh Childress.

That’s more so what I was getting at. 

• Moderators

Minutiae: I forget who it was around here, but while some of us were recently beating up on anybody who rooted for the Wolves to lose us this pick, it was in 2015 where some Squawker, who (IMO) mis-perceived fans as celebrating the bankrolling Nets' woes a little too much (i.e., "cheering" injuries, and such), expressed glee that Brooklyn made it into the Playoffs on their final game (edging the Pacers), thereby denying us a shot in the lottery. Calling it "karma" and whatnot.

The Hawks' pick would have landed at #11 that year. We'll never know who Atlanta had in mind, but Indiana took Myles Turner, who currently ranks second (behind KAT) among that lottery class for WS/48, BPM, and VORP.

The #15 pick we settled for (Kelly Oubre) led to a draft-and-trade that gave us the Knicks' short-term rental of Junior Hardaway, plus a pair of second-rounders. One is 2016's Isaia Cordinier, and the other pick comes due in the 2019 Draft.

~lw3

• Like 4