• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

capstone21

• Moderators

Re Gibson:

The Wolves practiced yesterday and shot this morning. Thibodeau said Gibson -- the Wolves' glue guy whom teammate Jamal Crawford calls its "rock" -- participated in shootaround after he played eight minutes Monday because of a sore neck.

"He went through the whole practice, I think he'll be good," Thibodeau said. "We'll see before the game. Let him warm up."

Butler, for one, promises to be ready for the moment.

"I just go out there and play," he said. "I'm not scared of the moment. I'm not scared to take that shot. I'm not worried about anything. At the end of the day, I got to guard them like they have to guard me and we'll see who the better team is at the end of the night."

Butler has played three games since returning from a knee injury that caused him to miss 17 games, nearly a quarter of the season. He returned Friday at Los Angeles, one night after the Wolves lost in Denver without him, when Towns fouled out with 1:45 left.

"I'm fine," Butler said. "I don't care if I don't have a rhythm. I don't care if I'm not making shots. I'll find a way to impact the game. All in all, I just want to help this team win. I don't care if I'm making shots, if I'm passing the ball, if I'm guarding, but I'll be there to change the game."

• Like 2

• Moderators

At the risk of being picky, I suppose we're also rooting for the Thunder and the Pelicans (Spurs have the tiebreaker over Minnesota already) to win today, too. Although the latter SAS-NOP result probably doesn't matter from a draft perspective since there's the tiebreaker coming on Friday.

~lw3

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

At the risk of being picky, I suppose we're also rooting for the Thunder and the Pelicans (Spurs have the tiebreaker over Minnesota already) to win today, too. Although the latter SAS-NOP result probably doesn't matter from a draft perspective since there's the tiebreaker coming on Friday.

~lw3

Is our draft position known then or is it just the amount of ping pong balls we get?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Is our draft position known then or is it just the amount of ping pong balls we get?

We will know whether we get the Minny pick from tonight's game.  If Minny wins we get the pick and if those teams lose they enter the tie breaker world that will be decided on Friday and that determines draft position since the pick is outside the lottery.

For our own pick, after the tiebreaker on Friday we will know the number of ping pong balls and the order (if we don't fall 1-3) but not our actual draft position.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I’m watching, pretty good game but way too stressful for a non-Hawks game. It’s sad, if Millsap and Butler never got hurt I bet these two teams are in and you have OKC and the Spurs fighting for the last spot. It is what it is at this point.

Then again, you can say the same for Spurs with Leonard and the Pelicans with Cousins. OKC was the healthy team and not that impressive.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, buckyboy2 said:

But they have a top 5 player in the NBA...............Getting smashed by "the process". lol

Only a few Hawk fans believe that a guy who is yet to win a playoff series is a top 5 player!  LOL!

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Two of them, specifically!

e5e19a9bc039aff515850c68897ff189.jpg

~l3nnyandsquiggy

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

• Like 1