• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, DBac said:

Lol you're seeing motivated Dwight. Truth is he's shooting 7% worse from the field and FTs.

He's taking more jumpers ( 43 last season . . . 102 already this season + tonight's FGs )  . . and he's shooting better on his FTs by 3%.  Try again.

At least Collins had a nice game as well.  

Final game against the Horcats. Hory SHET, can we finally put all the worthless Dwight talk to bed? It’s over, it’s done, it’s wasted history. Please and thank you.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's taking more jumpers ( 43 last season . . . 102 already this season + tonight's FGs )  . . and he's shooting better on his FTs by 3%.  Try again.

At least Collins had a nice game as well.  

My bad I was looking at 2pt fg% for whatever reason.

I'm sure the thing we were missing last year was Dwight Howard's jumpshots. Because that's the best way to feature him.

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

((Bawb tweet)) "So Dwight Howard was motivated to play against the Hawks and Coach Bud last night? I wish he had been motivated to play against Gortat and the Wizards in last season’s playoffs."

~lw3

Howard was over weight last year which was part of the problem.  Having said that, he looks like he has improved his game over last year.

59 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

((Bawb tweet)) "So Dwight Howard was motivated to play against the Hawks and Coach Bud last night? I wish he had been motivated to play against Gortat and the Wizards in last season’s playoffs."

~lw3

Let's be real, playing with Kemba is night and day better than playing with Dennis

• Premium Member
Let's be real, playing with Kemba is night and day better than playing with Dennis

despite having Kemba and Dwight, Hornets are still going nowhere at 31-39, including a meaningless 4-0 vs Hawks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

On that note, since Bawb mentioned Gortat: The only other team the Hornets are 3-0 or better against in this regular season? The Wizards!

Charlotte has outscored wannabe contender Washington by 15.3 PPG (128.0-112.7) so far through three games (two of those games with Wall&Beal on the floor), compared to a 13.5 PPG (120.5-107.0) advantage in four meetings with the pared-down Hawks.

Dwight has averaged 18.3 and 11.3 against Gortat's Wizards, while Marcin has averaged a relatively measly 4.7 and 9.0. Kemba remains a more reliable and respected dance-partner than Dennis, as he should be at this stage of his career, and with Walker's superior ability to draw defenders out of the paint, Dwight is better able to fill out his boxscore line as he sees fit from one night to the next.

I'm still happy riding with Dennis and his "Schröder Schrugs", though, as Troll Schröder is the Best Schröder (has Wall taken him up on the offer to workout together in the offseason yet?)

~lw3

Damn, I know Dwight was Bob's least favorite player prior to joining the Hawks, but I thought he'd lose some of that venom after having him on the team. Not so surprised to see Dennis taking shots. The splits from the last two seasons do kinda support what he's saying, though. 

As far as Dwight playing better with Charlotte, the numbers really don't support that. He's taking more shots to score more points (inefficiently), but most box score stats and basically every advanced stat favors last season. And forget the Bobcats being better than the Hawks, they're not even on pace to win as many games as they did last season.

• Like 2