• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I told you so!

KB21

"Mike Budenholzer doesn't want to be part of a long rebuild.....wants to coach 8th seed in the East with negative point differential and 110 million in salary on the books without Jabari Parker"

Man, maybe Bud really was committed to the previous team he built.

FYI, Bucks fans consider Woefel a hack.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

"Mike Budenholzer doesn't want to be part of a long rebuild.....wants to coach 8th seed in the East with negative point differential and 110 million in salary on the books without Jabari Parker"

Man, maybe Bud really was committed to the previous team he built.

FYI, Bucks fans consider Woefel a hack.

All of this just don’t sound right!

What the Hawks should do here is go to Bud and ask him what it will take to get him to stay.  If he says fire Travis and promote Malik Rose to GM, then you fire Travis and promote Malik Rose to GM.

• Like 1

Just now, hazer said:

imagejpeg

Somebody had to say it. You know you’ve all been thinking it. I went there...

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

What the Hawks should do here is go to Bud and ask him what it will take to get him to stay.  If he says fire Travis and promote Malik Rose to GM, then you fire Travis and promote Malik Rose to GM.

If that’s the case then yes let’s hope ressler is that smart 

• Premium Member

Bud might leave after a few years if he isn’t happy with how it’s going, but I don’t see him leaving after this year. Why suffer through this season when you will have more talent to develop in a few months? Please don’t give me the 5 year thing..

This draft is the most important of this rebuild and he will have a strong say of who we pick. That said, if he got offered an attractive job I could see him leaving and wouldn’t blame him. This isn’t that job.

@AHF just had a brain hemorrhage.  I personally could never root for the Hawks to lose.  The ball and off-ball movement was choice tonight.  Again the Wizards are ass but whatever.  Can’t wait to hear about their closed door meeting and locker room fights after this one.  They think they’re too good to lose to a tanking team who’s much more intelligent and hard-working than they are.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

I will only ask for a little salsa with my crow, please.

More seriously, rumors come, rumors go. We'll see how this one pans out.

Remember, I was the leading skeptic... not just A skeptic, but... THE (singular)... LEADING (head of that class)... skeptic back when that presser announcing the Colonel as GM was so oddly scheduled to coincide with the ONE day that Bud had reason to be somewhere else. Irked a bunch of posters here.

But but but, then there was the interview around training camp time when Bud won me over, and I think I titled that thread something like, "FINALLY What we've been waiting months to hear from Bud!"

Maybe he's changed his mind as this season progressed. I dunno. I would be dumbfounded, though, if he made any move (that isn't to SA, that is) before knowing where our ping pong ball falls.

46 minutes ago, sturt said:

I will only ask for a little salsa with my crow, please.

More seriously, rumors come, rumors go. We'll see how this one pans out.

Remember, I was the leading skeptic... not just A skeptic, but... THE (singular)... LEADING (head of that class)... skeptic back when that presser announcing the Colonel as GM was so oddly scheduled to coincide with the ONE day that Bud had reason to be somewhere else. Irked a bunch of posters here.

But but but, then there was the interview around training camp time when Bud won me over, and I think I titled that thread something like, "FINALLY What we've been waiting months to hear from Bud!"

Maybe he's changed his mind as this season progressed. I dunno. I would be dumbfounded, though, if he made any move (that isn't to SA, that is) before knowing where our ping pong ball falls.

Regardless of where the ping pong balls fall, Bud knows there is absolutely nothing he can do to accelerate this process and win sooner than they will actually win with this GM in charge.  He's looking at new fewer than 4 more losing seasons if he stays on board, and that is if the shyster GM they have doesn't make him into a scapegoat.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

@AHF just had a brain hemorrhage.  I personally could never root for the Hawks to lose.  The ball and off-ball movement was choice tonight.  Again the Wizards are ass but whatever.  Can’t wait to hear about their closed door meeting and locker room fights after this one.  They think they’re too good to lose to a tanking team who’s much more intelligent and hard-working than they are.

We just F'd ourselves proving the Wizards are dysfunctional.  Yay for Bobby Sura 2.0!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

We just F'd ourselves proving the Wizards are dysfunctional.  Yay for Bobby Sura 2.0!

That was done with the decision to tank.  Because of Travis Schlenk, this team is F'd for the next 5 seasons.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Call me crazy but this win meant nothing good or bad. We were two games up on Orlando so this W isn't really an L. It's a legit W. Now sadly, v. Philly and Boston, Bud needs to sit everyone. Prince, Dedmon, etc.

I want to see the G-Leaguers called up. I want to see Prince, Collins, Dedmon in suits. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Call me crazy but this win meant nothing good or bad. We were two games up on Orlando so this W isn't really an L. It's a legit W. Now sadly, v. Philly and Boston, Bud needs to sit everyone. Prince, Dedmon, etc.

I want to see the G-Leaguers called up. I want to see Prince, Collins, Dedmon in suits. 

We could have caught the Grizz for the 2nd slot.  Not anymore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

We could have caught the Grizz for the 2nd slot.  Not anymore.

They weren't going to win another game. They are literally playing G-League rotation players at this point. They aren't trying to win at all. They wanted to lock down a top 5 spot. Atlanta played this game like it was the playoffs and everyone got mins, Prince showed once again how he's a dynamic scorer and playmaker and Bud showed even some creativity coaching today that impressed me more than the last two seasons since Al left. There was a lot of good to take away from this game. This might be the last game we see legit rotation players in the lineup. Philly and Boston should be call-ups from the G-League. 

I’m on the fence about who we should be drafting now with this bud rumor of him wanting out. I don’t want to believe it but then I just want to also face reality (which I’m really having a tough time doing) and I got to tell yall since I recently moved to Atlanta end of last year, when I talk to people about our hawks I see why they have no motivation for the hawks franchise....we just can’t get shit right and staying in the playoffs was probably the most relevant thing to do to keep the city from completely not caring about this team.

I have no faith in Schlenk without bud...plain and simple! we have a possibility of losing the best thing that’s happened to the hawks organization  since nique ( in my opinion) if we lose bud.

Until this rumor clears up and is proven as untrue and unless we get the number one pick I don’t think the draft is as interesting because we don’t know who the next coach would be or how he’d run the team.

You can’t just go draft a player and not consider the coach’s decision ! The player has to fit whatever scheme the coach is running on both sides of the ball to a certain extent ....you can’t have scouts put in the field that’s been looking at players to fit buds scheme and then  suddenly change the coach which changes the whole basketball scheme for your organization, a month or two before the draft! How insane is that???

Bud and staff has been looking, reviewing, and going over guys that fits his scheme for months and months and likely started this whole process  Schlenks second week as GM.

we are too late into the tank this season to be switching coaches honestly, if bud does want out.....That doesn’t just affect the franchise long term , it hurts us immediately starting with this lottery draft selection.

I hope the Atlanta Hawks organization didn’t get f**ked over by bud and staff BUT it wouldn’t surprise me.