• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I told you so!

KB21

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

That only applies to teams starting from scratch. We could draft Ayton and without adding anyone else have a playoff-level starting 5 in two years. Easily.

The Hawks are starting from scratch.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Let me remind you how this process will go:

That’s not how Bud runs the show. Which is why the young guys we do keep and develop tend to improve within 3 years. I think Schröder can be the lead guard this team needs. We know that we have a guy who may not be an All Star, but he’s still very good nonetheless. Even Bazemore has improved his game in his time here. Taurean Prince looks like a guy who could average 16-19 ppg efficiently. Not to mention John Collins who has already shown at minimum that he’s a very good finisher and a good rebounder. We’ve got pieces. We are missing critical ingredients, but this isn’t just hope. We’ve got young guys who’ve already proven they can at least be productive. If you couple that with a coach like Bud, then I can not see us having 3 losing years in a row. I’m not saying we are championship bound but even right now the “arrow” for the Hawks is pointed way up. That’s not even accounting the possibility of a top 5 draft pick or a surprise free agent signing. This isn’t going to be some long rebuild. We lost old Millsap, Korver, and Dwight Howard. Millsap not only hasn’t played enough, but he also hasn’t played WELL enough to justify his 30 million a year contract. I wasn’t exactly thrilled about Dwight but he was causing locker room issues here from what I’ve read. Truth is we may have BARELY made the playoffs with them here. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

The Greek Freak> weather and draft picks. That's all I'm saying. Coaches like Bud live to coach great players. Giannis is possibly a generational talent.

It ain’t really about the weather, that was just anecdotal conjecture from his 48 years in AZ, SoCal, TX, and GA. It’s mostly about the rest of what I said.

Just a reminder on what Bud said September 2017:

Said Budenholzer: “If you appreciate and actually enjoy and embrace the process—whether you are winning NBA championships or winning 60, 55 games, or you are in a different phase of your organization and you are growing and developing and laying the foundation for something that you think can be special—that process can be incredibly rewarding not just for coaches and players and everybody that is involved with it. If you are just focused on the end result, you are probably going to have a frustrating year. But if you embrace on what you go through every day and how you work every day, there’s a lot that can be taken from that.

https://www.myajc.com/blog/atlanta-hawks/mike-budenholzer-board-with-hawks-rebuild/XXDhn14A0rjbCwc3aWJSAJ/

I just wont understand why a top coach like bud would say all this in September then let a rumor hit the surface that he wants out??? I mean I get he could have had a change of heart but he knew what was going on when Travis came through the door. Bud is a top 10 coach if he wanted out it’s not hard for him to go where he wants ...my question is why would he go through a losing season for no reason? 

If bud states publicly he wants out Kidd among other coaches would have been fired almost immediately being that they were already on the hot seat, so these teams could get their hands on bud.

Again....you can’t be mad at the end result when you say this:

If you are just focused on the end result, you are probably going to have a frustrating year. But if you embrace on what you go through every day and how you work every day, there’s a lot that can be taken from that.

....Bud knew what was going on, he knew Schlenk wanted to tank and yet the rumor from the Milwaukee reporter indicates or is written as if bud was never ready for a tank season and somehow it just hit him out of nowhere like he didn’t know what was going on....BULLS*IT

i understand the rumor it’s just hard for me to believe it or maybe as a fan I never thought bud would lie even to the media or fans. Bud does two things...either he’s tight lipped about everything or he just says what’s really on his mind if he wants it out there. But lies isn’t something bud does.

• Like 2

Another one:

“Here’s how Schlenk described the new GM/coach dynamic: “Bud and I were acquaintances. We’ve been spending four or five hours a day together. There’s no reason to believe there’ll be any issues with coach and (me). He’s one of best coaches in league, in my opinion. We’re a partnership. We’re in this together. I know he feels the same way. I think we’re going to have a real strong working relationship.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myajc.com/sports/basketball/will-the-schlenk-budenholzer-partnership-happy-marriage/tb9l6V5lNFRshNhy5wCW5L/amp.html

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JTB said:

Just a reminder on what Bud said September 2017:

Said Budenholzer: “If you appreciate and actually enjoy and embrace the process—whether you are winning NBA championships or winning 60, 55 games, or you are in a different phase of your organization and you are growing and developing and laying the foundation for something that you think can be special—that process can be incredibly rewarding not just for coaches and players and everybody that is involved with it. If you are just focused on the end result, you are probably going to have a frustrating year. But if you embrace on what you go through every day and how you work every day, there’s a lot that can be taken from that.

https://www.myajc.com/blog/atlanta-hawks/mike-budenholzer-board-with-hawks-rebuild/XXDhn14A0rjbCwc3aWJSAJ/

I just wont understand why a top coach like bud would say all this in September then let a rumor hit the surface that he wants out??? I mean I get he could have had a change of heart but he knew what was going on when Travis came through the door. Bud is a top 10 coach if he wanted out it’s not hard for him to go where he wants ...my question is why would he go through a losing season for no reason? 

If bud states publicly he wants out Kidd among other coaches would have been fired almost immediately being that they were already on the hot seat, so these teams could get their hands on bud.

Again....you can’t be mad at the end result when you say this:

If you are just focused on the end result, you are probably going to have a frustrating year. But if you embrace on what you go through every day and how you work every day, there’s a lot that can be taken from that.

....Bud knew what was going on, he knew Schlenk wanted to tank and yet the rumor from the Milwaukee reporter indicates or is written as if bud was never ready for a tank season and somehow it just hit him out of nowhere like he didn’t know what was going on....BULLS*IT

i understand the rumor it’s just hard for me to believe it or maybe as a fan I never thought bud would lie even to the media or fans. Bud does two things...either he’s tight lipped about everything or he just says what’s really on his mind if he wants it out there. But lies isn’t something bud does.

I concur.